Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

No Deal Brexit?

Re: No Deal Brexit?

Postby Bee » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:19 pm

polop wrote:
Chrisdee wrote:What benefits?
polop wrote:Well deal done, nothing but the same,UK have fudged it nothing different for EU just loss of benefits for UK expats.

Sorry not as most here think Money, but various red tape for health and travel, more to affect those hoping to move to EU countries.

Today's deal was about trade and cooperation. Once Britain voted to leave the EU on 23rd June 2016 and thus becoming a 3rd country the rules on travel and rights to reside within the EU for 3rd countries applied. Today's trade and cooperation deal wasn't ever going to include changes to those rules. Britain has secured a unique deal today much to the relief of many countries where no tariffs or duty will be imposed. It will of course still mean that customs declarations will have to be complied with.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby MichaelC » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:47 pm

:text-goodpost:

Far to many negative people on here. Didn't matter what deal was achieved, they always find fault.
MichaelC

Which part of Spain are you from?: QUESADA

Postby Jonnno » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:02 am

One of the big issues of leaving the EU was that we would be able to negotiate trade deals with other countries while maintaining our deals with EU.
I know we have recently done one with Canada. I am hoping to see more deals with other countries now our position with EU is clarified. I wonder which country will be our next target.
Jonnno

Which part of Spain are you from?: Marquesa

Postby garysl » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:02 am

Far to many negative people on here

Tell us something positive about it then Michael. What's in this deal that will make the UK a better place for my grandchildren? I've no ideological attachment to the EU, so if this is going to make their lives better I'll support it. I'd just like to be given a bit of evidence.
garysl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Benjy » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:41 am

Garysl. I’ll be amazed if you get a convincing answer or indeed any answer at all. I’ve been asking that very same question for over 4 years and never had an answer, good luck, I will follow this post with interest.
Benjy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Murcia

Postby Glassfull » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:19 am

MichaelC wrote::text-goodpost:

Far to many negative people on here. Didn't matter what deal was achieved, they always find fault.

Of course we'll find fault, the best deal was the one we had, when we were part of the EU.

We've gained a few meaningless things, Sovereignty and fishing rights but have lost so much more and, will continue to do so.

What for, so that a few wealthy people can become richer and some English Supremicists can puff their chests out and watch re-runs of Zulu, The Great Escape and, The Dambusters.
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby MichaelC » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:28 am

The fact is the UK voted to leave the EU. The fact is a deal has been done.
You cannot do anything about either and neither will change.
Like it or not you need to learn to accept and live with it.
This constant complaining about either is pointless and achieves nothing but wind yourselves up.
Try living in the current and planning for the future. I'm sure if you do you'll be a lot happier in the long run.
If you want some positives, the UK can now make its own trade deals around the world. They can now set snd manage their own laws and borders and they are not governed by unelected Europeans.
I am happy with Spain and its a good place to live so abide by its own and EU laws. But if or should I return to the UK, or go to say Australia I will abide by their rules and laws.
The UK is its own island with its own history and sovereignty. It now does its own laws and trades too, like it should do and can control who can enter.
MichaelC

Postby Glassfull » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:49 am

MichaelC wrote:The fact is the UK voted to leave the EU. The fact is a deal has been done.
You cannot do anything about either and neither will change.
Like it or not you need to learn to accept and live with it.
This constant complaining about either is pointless and achieves nothing but wind yourselves up.
Try living in the current and planning for the future. I'm sure if you do you'll be a lot happier in the long run.
If you want some positives, the UK can now make its own trade deals around the world. They can now set snd manage their own laws and borders and they are not governed by unelected Europeans.
I am happy with Spain and its a good place to live so abide by its own and EU laws. But if or should I return to the UK, or go to say Australia I will abide by their rules and laws.
The UK is its own island with its own history and sovereignty. It now does its own laws and trades too, like it should do and can control who can enter.

What a hypocritical statement. If there was nothing that could be done and we had to live with things, why then, did the leavers seek to separate from the EU.

It's smug comments, like yours, that wind people up
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby MichaelC » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:13 pm

Still living in the past, still can't accept that a democratic vote resulted in wanting to leave.
Such hypocrisy. Still can't accept any of it.
The opportunity was there to vote remain, but the vote was leave.
We left a year ago and it was then deal or no deal.
A deal has now been done or would you have preferred no deal at all?
Has said you can't change any of it, so get used to it and try looking forward instead of constantly complaining and finding fault and living in the past.
Merry Christmas and be merry.
MichaelC

Postby MichaelC » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:17 pm

This post should now be closed.
It's headed No Deal Brexit and a deal has now been done.
MichaelC

PreviousNext