Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Wendy Mary Holdaway of `dona ~Pepa

Wendy Mary Holdaway of `dona ~Pepa

Postby David&Wendy » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:16 am

It is with regret and sadness that i have to inform you of the untimely and tragic death of my wife Wendy Mary on the 5th December 2020. Wendy underwent heart surgery in March Complications developed with her type one diabetes and kidney and liver failure, Her heart gave up. I am so sad we were married 55yrs and I miss her greatly I am struggling to cope on my own the loneliness particularly in the evening is really bad. Some of you may remember Wendy and I from Studs Wine Bar which we regularly attended when the great Johnny Scott was performing ,we always sat near the door, didnt dance ,but johnny dedicated the tune Apache to her her favourite Shadows number .We also used to attend the Saturday day time performances at the Bar called then Leaf now known as Chiefs of Broadway, I recall a lady called Marlene who was a widow who befriended my wife and a petite blonde lady who could jive like no other dressed in her petite coats and flared dress teddy boy style. I do hope my message gets to them. This is not a dating request I dont do that sort of thing and am not interested in any long legged Russian beauty . What i seek is friendship ,and advice for tea and sympathy. Someone to share my evenings and steer me from this dark tunnel .I could also do with a house cleaner, computer expert, dog walker and company I am really struggling to cope also my phone I need tio remove my wifes pages from Facebook and off my phone and dont know how to do it . It gives the impression she is still alive , I eould welcome visitors and advice Thank you for reading this . Please feel free to make contact. David K Holdaway
David&Wendy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona pepa, Ciudad Qu

Re: Wendy Mary Holdaway of `dona ~Pepa

Postby Adey » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:34 am

Never have I read such a heart felt plea for help, unfortunately I don't live near enough to help you, but I know there are very many good people around your area, I am confident they will respond to your plea, good luck going forward.
Adey

Which part of Spain are you from?: Jacarilla

Postby Bee » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:04 pm

I agree Adey that is sad. I presume the various clubs are not now operating with the Covid 19 restrictions so there is no outlet for older people on their own to get out. You need a "buddy" to call on you David and go to the pub or for a walk or just an hour in the evening. As in all things security-wise you need to be wary of who befriends you as we hear so many sad stories of older people being ripped off by official carers. As an aside I read that some 83,000 older folk spent Christmas on their own this Christmas in Spain. I do hope there is someone near you that call around.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby KarenCouzens » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:28 pm

My husband & I live in Doña Pepa. I will send you a friend request on FB. I may be able to help with your phone or computer. I also have friends that that recently lost their partners. I may be able to put you in touch with them
KarenCouzens

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales, Alicante

Postby marianna13 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:52 pm

:text-goodpost:
KarenCouzens wrote:My husband & I live in Doña Pepa. I will send you a friend request on FB. I may be able to help with your phone or computer. I also have friends that that recently lost their partners. I may be able to put you in touch with them
marianna13

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Hqx52t » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:37 am

David ,so sorry to hear the passing of your wife ,I know that you may feel like your in a dark long tunnel ,as I did when I lost mine,but things will improve,I know you may want to remove things of your wife's from her face book account and phone,but its very early days for you ,my wife died 5 year ago this February and I still have her phone and Facebook account open,and use these things to look at photos and messages when I am struggling,there is no time limit or anything set in stone especially when you are greaving, about when you have to sort things out , also PLEASE be careful in asking for help from others cause although there are a lot of nice people around there are some horrible nasty ones too who will take advantage of someone as vulnerable as you are now
Hqx52t

Postby Ron Hill » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:38 am

You could contact the organisation Help Vega Baja whose office is in San Miguel but I don’t have their number to hand I’m sure they could steer you in the right direction
Ron Hill

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby SueC » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:58 am

David, I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your wife and the difficulties you are having.
I agree with the post from Hqx52t you must be careful in who you ask for help. My husband and I live close by and as I like walking myself I would be happy to take your dog for a walk with me. Try to stay positive things will get better in time.
SueC

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Willow » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:48 am

David , very sorry to hear your sad news.
I hope that you do find some friends.
Willow

Postby anthomo16 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:12 am

I am so sorry for your loss David. It is very early days yet, ofcourse you are at a loss and don't know which way to turn. Every day when you get up talk to your wife and tell her what you are going to do that day, i.e. taking the dog for a walk and when you feel like it maybe pop into another bar for a coffee (with your dog) you will gradually start to say hello to various people you see there. It will take time, but that is good. You need to heal too. Thinking of you xxxx
anthomo16

Which part of Spain are you from?: ciudad quesada

Next