Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

TAX on goods from UK

Re: TAX on goods from UK

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:59 pm

This was my friends reply today regarding the amount she paid on goods delivered from Next, Think the goods totalled around 128 quid and the charge was something like 32 euros Can't remember exactly.

Happy to tell anyone who uses next if you call the international line and then email the details across they will indeed refund any customs charges made I have just received confirmation that the charges will be in my bank here next week, NOT a problem ......so good luck everyone it’s worthwhile !
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby DogReindeer » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:39 pm

Chrisdee wrote:This was my friends reply today regarding the amount she paid on goods delivered from Next, Think the goods totalled around 128 quid and the charge was something like 32 euros Can't remember exactly.

Happy to tell anyone who uses next if you call the international line and then email the details across they will indeed refund any customs charges made I have just received confirmation that the charges will be in my bank here next week, NOT a problem ......so good luck everyone it’s worthwhile !

That would equate to a 25% tariff being applied.
DogReindeer

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby DogReindeer » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:50 pm

This BBC article just about covers the chaos that is currently playing out:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55583244
DogReindeer

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Sage » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:32 pm

Surely Expats didn't think that they would escape Brexit teething problems and negative fall out, did they ?
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Lavender » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:49 pm

Sage wrote:Surely Expats didn't think that they would escape Brexit teething problems and negative fall out, did they ?

Exactly!!! Whoever thought that leaving the E.U. would be a doddle needs their heads looking at.
Lavender

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby TonTri » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:36 pm

Chrisdee wrote:This was my friends reply today regarding the amount she paid on goods delivered from Next, Think the goods totalled around 128 quid and the charge was something like 32 euros Can't remember exactly.

Thanks for this information Chrisdee. I've just placed an order with Next this morning. I'll have to see what transpires.
TonTri

Postby Deadeyedick » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:56 pm

TonTri wrote:

Thanks for this information Chrisdee. I've just placed an order with Next this morning. I'll have to see what transpires.

That’s great Chris hopefully I will be able to get a refund from my order.

TonTri. I always use Next Spain. Delivery is very quick and you wouldn’t have to pay any extra.
Deadeyedick

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Freespeech » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:35 pm

Could be just an excuse to RAISE prices and then blame it on brexit
Freespeech

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby TonTri » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:45 pm

Deadeyedick wrote:
TonTri wrote:

That’s great Chris hopefully I will be able to get a refund from my order.

TonTri. I always use Next Spain. Delivery is very quick and you wouldn’t have to pay any extra.

Ah ok. My order is with Next Spain so maybe I won't have any problems. I just assumed all orders came from the UK.
TonTri

Postby Glassfull » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:30 pm

Freespeech wrote:Could be just an excuse to RAISE prices and then blame it on brexit

Oh dear, that dreaded word that must not be uttered.
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

PreviousNext