Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Today's Flood Compensation List 7th January 2021

Re: Today's Flood Compensation List 7th January 2021

Postby Maz51 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:10 pm

Hi
Really don’t want to sound negative but both myself and my neighbour where on the list in August. Both had 45cm of water throughout our villas. We have now both received letter stating we will not get the amount stated. I took mine to the town hall who confirmed what my translator had stated.
Absolutely discussed. We moved into our villa July 2019 and moved out 13th September 2019.
Not a good start to our retirement.
Maz
Maz51

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:17 pm

That's dreadful Maz, is your solicitor trying to help you, surely you're entitled to some money?
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby cheflady » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:27 pm

Absolutely bloody brilliant Fred have you pinched yourself to make sure it's real?. Fred I'm over the moon for you!!! Please let all of us say a mega thank you to Bee spending time to post. Some good news at last Fred. Jules
cheflady

Postby Maz51 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:40 pm

Hi
Nope. We received an amount from the consortium around Feb/March time. Mapfre our insurance were not interested. We received around quarter of the cost of our renovation costs and furniture lost. 9 skips filled. Our furniture didn’t arrive until the end of July, it didn’t get the chance to settle in.Still not finished and possibly never will be. Our walls were stripped down and replastered then decorated August time but all new paint is bleeding and peeling. All not good but hey ho we have to get on with life. Albeit not the one we had planned and saved for.
Maz
Maz51

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby cheflady » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:39 pm

Maz that's bad we come under Orihuela Town hall we expected to get the maximum amount we to lost everything we even put a picture up on the forum which showed that the bath and toilet were totally submerged,I'm quite tall at 5.10 and the water was nearly to the top of my legs but we didn't get what we were told so i really feel for you, I just hope the consortium was a bit kinder to you and your neighbour. Good luck!
cheflady

Previous