Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Covid pcr testing

Covid pcr testing

Postby Corinnecrook » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:40 am

Morning
Does anyone know we’re I can get a covid pcr test with certificate to fly back to the uk.
Thank you.
Corinnecrook

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona pepa

Re: Covid pcr testing

Postby lance » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:08 am

I was told the chemist in El Raso gives the test. Drive into El Raso & turn right at first traffic island. Worth checking.
lance

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa. Quesada

Postby Rodt » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:07 pm

Saw somewhere that the test required to fly into the uk would be lifted after 2 weeks, does anyone know if this is correct :text-thankyouyellow:
Rodt

Which part of Spain are you from?: pueblo luceroResale

Postby El Stevo » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:48 pm

No such announcement to my knowledge. The test is required because of the South African mutation of the virus. I’m guessing it will be lifted eventually, I hope.
El Stevo

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso, Quesada

Postby marlies » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:56 pm

Imed Torrevieja, 120€
marlies

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby Bee » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:19 pm

As I understand it your PCR test must be in the form of a certificate with your passport no on it. They are usually emailed to you as an attachment which can't be tampered with.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby jpeg » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:56 pm

What are the new rules on testing?
All international arrivals, including UK nationals, will have to present a negative COVID-19 test before they board a plane, train or boat bound for the UK, taken up to 72 hours before their journey began.

Transport Minister Grant Shapps told BBC Breakfast that government would be "flexible" about the tests required, including those that give a result "in 20 or 30 minutes".

This suggests it will accept results from rapid lateral flow tests, which are generally cheaper and easier to obtain than the "gold standard" PCR tests, which need to be developed in a lab.

Those who do not comply will face a fine of £500, with Border Force officials carrying out spot checks. Some travellers, such as hauliers and children under 11, will be exempt along with people coming from the Common Travel Area (that's the Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands, or the Isle of Man).

Passengers will also have to fill in a Passenger Locator Form and obey the national lockdown rules.

People arriving from countries which are not on the government's list of "travel corridors" with the UK, will still have to self-isolate for ten days, regardless of their test result.

The government says advance testing will "provide a further line of defence - helping us control the virus, as we roll out the vaccine at pace over the coming weeks".

The new rules are expected to be rolled out "as soon as possible" in Scotland and across the UK next week.
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Tommy S » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:07 pm

And from Today the same rule applies to Ireland. You must have a clear PCR test within 72 hours of flying into Ireland. You wont be allowed on Ferry or Plane without a negative test. Exceptions allowed only be contacting Embassy for approval. Fine of €2500 on arrival for any descrepencies.
Tommy S

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Rickys » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:22 pm

Thought flights into and out of UK had been stopped.
Rickys

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby Lizzy » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:22 pm

You only need a Lamp antigen test from Spain to UK! Not PCR which is more costly.
Lizzy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Next