Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Dogs in Restaurants/Bars

Re: Dogs in Restaurants/Bars

Postby AnnetteD » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:03 pm

AnnetteD

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby Paulr » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:09 pm

I'm afraid it does come down to the owners, not the dogs.

We have a rescue mongrel, who we occasionally take with us if we can sit on a terrace, but I'd never take him inside a bar, even if it DIDN'T serve food. We have two friends who are scared of dogs: ours seems to be sensitive to it and is very careful around them, so much so that they now adore him. I could tell you what a good boy he is, polite, well behaved, but that wouldn't explain the uncharacteristic outburst he had on Guardamar prom a couple of summers ago. He took against a beautiful Collie and went ballistic! We were sat outside at a table with people all around us, so I got up and walked him up the road, away from the terrace and away from the prom, and I didn't rejoin my wife until he'd calmed down. To this day, he hasn't done it again and I have no explanation for why he did it that time, but as his owner, it was up to me to immediately remove him from annoying (or frightening) other diners. Yes, my wife and I love him to bits and yes, we treat him like one of the family, but he's OUR family, not yours and I will always respect that.

One request though, if you've got kids, you're the parents, you look after them :lol:
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby Glassfull » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:31 pm

As far as I am aware, in Spain, there is no blanket ban on dogs in restaurants and it is up to the proprietor’s discretion.

If there is, would you kindly share a link
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Murt » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:12 pm

I was ordered to leave the outdoor terrace area outside Quesada Fish and Chips with my Springer Spaniel one afternoon 2 years ago. He was lying down, on a short lead, totally under control and out of everyone's way.

There weren't many people on the terrace at the time, Most of the tables were empty.

I wasn't impressed, but didn't argue, and easily found somewhere else to eat. Their loss. My own thoughts were that the girl couldn't be arsed to do her job and serve customers. Much easier to throw them out.

Plus most kids are delighted to see dogs like him. Many children are afraid of dogs because their parents train them to be frightened.

People have had dogs round where they eat for the last couple of thousand years. Modern day madness.

Reminds me of a time I was in a shop in Venice. I picked up an orange to buy, and was shocked when I got a smack on the back of the hand from the shopkeeper, who ordered me to wear plastic disposable gloves while handling the fruit. I'm 100% sure the all lads who picked the fruit off the tree and bushes, and those who handled the fruit on the way to the shop, were all wearing gloves.

Some people!!!
Murt

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada MarquesaGolf

Postby sunworshipper » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:54 pm

Quesada Fish and chips have banned all dogs from inside and outside and since a dog relieved itself all over the floor next to the tables where people were eating.
All dogs are banned since then and there are signs everywhere stating it.
Happy in the sun.
sunworshipper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby billogs » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:21 pm

MichaelC wrote:What about people who may have allergies to dogs. You would never know. Even after you have left, others could be affected.
Have you considered that?

In that case perhaps nuts in bars need to be banned. Just to be on the safe side!
billogs

Postby amurny » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:29 pm

sunworshipper wrote:Quesada Fish and chips have banned all dogs from inside and outside and since a dog relieved itself all over the floor next to the tables where people were eating.
All dogs are banned since then and there are signs everywhere stating it.

Dogs are allowed on the uncovered patio area at Quesada fish and chips.
amurny

Postby Jaycee75 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:06 pm

Do people dredge through four month old theads just to see what they can moan about !!
Jaycee75

Postby lexia » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:46 pm

Talking about Dogs and hygiene. What about the humans that sit on chairs and cushions and leave their body fluid.!
lexia

Postby AndyC » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:33 pm

billogs » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:21 pm

MichaelC wrote:
What about people who may have allergies to dogs. You would never know. Even after you have left, others could be affected.
Have you considered that?

In that case perhaps nuts in bars need to be banned. Just to be on the safe side!
billogs

My wife says I should stay away from bars as I'm nuts.
AndyC

PreviousNext