Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

New driving licence after Brexit

Re: New driving licence after Brexit

Postby marcliff » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:06 pm

Jonnno wrote:Don't remember all that Marclff. Maybe didn't notice the hearing test but the main point to me was it wasn't a driving test. Not sure about BP check.
There was something a bit like driving on a new electronic game. Got it hopelessnly wrong but still passed.
You may be right that if you haven't completed it yet, it could be too late, but there has been a few recent vlate changes to accommodate late comers.

Where did you get your test done, Jonno? My hearing was pretty poor in one ear and the doc said I'd lost 43% of hearing but I don't notice it. Just that I can't hear high frequency noises (like the fridge alarm etc) but everything else is fine. (Occupational hazard for us ex-spec ops) Doc said if it goes over 50% loss in one ear I could only have 1 year extension to my licence. As it was, he said 4 years but the licence came through with the full 5 years.

Just thinking that, if other places aren't so strict, I might try somewhere else next time (although that's in 4 years time and something else could have got me by then). Mine was done at La Siesta
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Ginger » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:37 pm

Jonnno wrote:Just wondering how long it will take for a new Spanish driving licence to arrive after doing the test.

Has anyone gone through the process f changing from UK licence and received their new licence since early December?

Thanks
my OH did all the formalities February 2020 and got his licence November 2020
Ginger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cartagena, murcia

Postby Jonnno » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:36 pm

Took my test in Almoradi.
Jonnno

Which part of Spain are you from?: Marquesa

Postby Mickey Braw » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:29 pm

Eye test, coordination test like computer game, couple of questions, job done. I was useless on the computer thing. Beep beep beep beep beep, I thought I’d had it. No, straight through. That was in Cartagena. My missus did hers recently in Almoradi and she was the same, more beeps than rush hour in Paris. Sailed through.
Mickey Braw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby garysl » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:36 pm

Where did you get your test done, Jonno? My hearing was pretty poor in one ear and the doc said I'd lost 43% of hearing but I don't notice it. Just that I can't hear high frequency noises (like the fridge alarm etc) but everything else is fine. (Occupational hazard for us ex-spec ops) Doc said if it goes over 50% loss in one ear I could only have 1 year extension to my licence. As it was, he said 4 years but the licence came through with the full 5 years.

I went to Rojales. I have got some problems with my hearing and was a bit worried about it. The test involved the examiner banging a tuning fork on the table and asking me if I could hear it. I said "yes". That was it.
garysl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Brewingdog » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:12 am

It seems any test required for exchanging licences prior to 31st December was a minimal medical check. But would I be right in saying that as of 1st January a full driving test is required. Has this change already been put in place.
Brewingdog

Which part of Spain are you from?: Salford

Postby yogi bear » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:31 pm

It will all depend if the UK comes to an agreement with Spain regarding licence recognition. It is up to the individual countries to have their own agreement's with non-EU country's. Spain currently has exchange agreements with Algeria, Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Croatia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Macedonia, Morocco, Peru, Philippines, Paraguay, Serbia, Turkey, Tunisia, Ukraine, Uruguay and Venezuela. Going by the list of countries that they already recognise as have the same driving test standards as Spain I would of thought that an agreement would be reached at some point. This is the link for the web page containing the info https://practicatest.com/en/exchanging- ... panish-one
yogi bear

Which part of Spain are you from?: None just yet

Postby Phoenix » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:08 pm

Would like to do my test in Rojales if possible, if their not so strict! Have found out where it is but can somebody tell me if it is on the ground floor & is parking better there during their opening hours which I believe are 5pm to 7pm, as I cannot walk very far due to waiting for two new hips?
Phoenix

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Ronnie112 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:38 pm

I done my test at Almoradi about18 months ago and seriously I thought it was a wind up Stevie Wonder would pass it.
Ronnie112

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Big Wheeler » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:55 pm

When younger I took a medical and a driving test for a Saudi Arabian licence.
Hazard a wild guess what that was like.
Stevie Wonder could have been an instructor.
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

PreviousNext

Return to Quesada general discussion