Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

New driving licence after Brexit

New driving licence after Brexit

Postby Jonnno » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:54 pm

Just wondering how long it will take for a new Spanish driving licence to arrive after doing the test.

Has anyone gone through the process f changing from UK licence and received their new licence since early December?

Thanks
Jonnno

Which part of Spain are you from?: Marquesa

Re: New driving licence after Brexit

Postby Black » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:04 pm

There is (or was) a huge backlog. I Waited nearly 10 months last year.
Black

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Ger McEvoy » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:53 pm

My husband took his test in early December and received his new licence in the post two weeks ago.
Ger McEvoy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby Brewingdog » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:19 pm

Hi, what is the test to change over from a UK driving licence to a Spanish one. Cheers.
Brewingdog

Which part of Spain are you from?: Salford

Postby Jonnno » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:41 pm

Doesn't involve any driving!

Make an appointment at a testing centre.

Fill a short form in, have eye test,) discuss form with doc. pay some money. They say everyone passes. If you have done the residencia bit your uk driving licence expires in a few months.

One way services sorted mine.
Jonnno

Postby Glassfull » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:56 pm

Jonnno wrote:Doesn't involve any driving!

Make an appointment at a testing centre.

Fill a short form in, have eye test,) discuss form with doc. pay some money. They say everyone passes. If you have done the residencia bit your uk driving licence expires in a few months.

One way services sorted mine.

I’m pretty sure that, if the process of exchanging a UK license for a Spanish one, hadn’t started before 31 December, someone would have to now take a Spanish driving test to get a license.
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby marcliff » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:03 pm

Also pretty sure the medical includes a bit more than an eye test.
Mine was a hearing test (which almost cost me a year off the time as I'm going a bit deaf in one ear), then a test where you have to figure out when a light entering a box will exit the other end, a two handled light on a computer screen which moves in and out of a box on the left and right and you have to correct it back to each box, then the eye test, height and weight (although he just asked mine), pick up a chair from a standing position, finger test for blood gases and discuss the form with the doctor.

Bit more than just an eye test and discussion.

And if you registered your intention to change the licence before 31 December then you have until June to change it. Not yet been decided if a full driving test will be required before then but definitely will afterwards.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby cheflady » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:22 pm

Hi when we did ours we had the coordination test plus eye test and a blood pressure test I was told that I needed glasses to drive which I already knew but it's on my Spanish license we also told them we were on Ramipril for blood pressure and no problems what's so ever he was extremely good and kind
cheflady

Postby Jonnno » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:38 pm

Don't remember all that Marclff. Maybe didn't notice the hearing test but the main point to me was it wasn't a driving test. Not sure about BP check.
There was something a bit like driving on a new electronic game. Got it hopelessnly wrong but still passed.
You may be right that if you haven't completed it yet, it could be too late, but there has been a few recent vlate changes to accommodate late comers.
Jonnno

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:43 pm

Johnny the test you may have to take after June could be a proper driving test not one on a Playstation.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Next

Return to Quesada general discussion