Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Transferwise/ Banks

Re: Transferwise/ Banks

Postby Paul Uden » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:29 pm

jpeg wrote:What does it say on the website please

This is what is on the page

6. Get free ATM withdrawals

You can withdraw the following amounts for free every month, depending on where your card is issued. After that, we charge a 2% fee. You can track your limits in the app.
  • Cards issued in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore — 350 AUD/NZD/SGD
  • Cards issued in the UK (all European cards) — 200 GBP or equivalent in your currency
  • Cards issued in the US — 250 USD
If the ATM asks you for a 6-digit PIN, always use your 4-digit PIN as you normally would.

I was just referring to the table of charges someone quoted above. Your quote says the same though: "free every month" up to "£200 or equivalent in your currency" for EU - which is about €220 free every month at the moment as I understand it. If I've misunderstood I'd love to know because then I can withdraw ad infinitum free of charge, but I'm not sure that's correct - although you say you do it 10x a month?
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby jpeg » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:47 pm

You can use your TransferWise card like any other bank card to withdraw money at ATMs around the world.

Here are the fees dependent on where your card was issued:

If your card was issued in Europe or the UK: You can take out money for free twice a month — as long as it’s under 200 GBP/EUR. But after that, we’ll charge you 0.50 GBP/EUR per transaction. This is a fixed fee. If you take out over 200 GBP/EUR in one month, we’ll charge you 1.75% on top of that.
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Paul Uden » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:47 pm

jpeg wrote:You can use your TransferWise card like any other bank card to withdraw money at ATMs around the world.

Here are the fees dependent on where your card was issued:

If your card was issued in Europe or the UK: You can take out money for free twice a month — as long as it’s under 200 GBP/EUR. But after that, we’ll charge you 0.50 GBP/EUR per transaction. This is a fixed fee. If you take out over 200 GBP/EUR in one month, we’ll charge you 1.75% on top of that.

Thank you. Yes I know that. I was replying to your comment to someone else that the fee-free limit is €200 per withdrawal, not per month (well that's what you seemed to say). Based on your later replies to me we seem to agree so maybe that's not what you meant. Anyway, I'm very happy with TransferWise and it was your recommendations on here that got me into it, so thank you.
Paul Uden

Postby Ross Kemp » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:46 am

You have to remember that you have to personally be in your Spanish bank to close it. That is if you haven't given P of E to your lawyer
Ross Kemp

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Big Wheeler » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:37 pm

I am one of those less than impressed with the increase in charges by La Caixa and will probably make more use of Transferwise instead.I have also seen a BBVA online account claiming fee free banking.Does anyone have experience of this?
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby nigelandkath » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:57 pm

If you have a CaixaBank account have a look at their visa and pay account.
nigelandkath

Which part of Spain are you from?: torre la mata

Postby Paul Uden » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:36 pm

Big Wheeler wrote:I am one of those less than impressed with the increase in charges by La Caixa and will probably make more use of Transferwise instead.I have also seen a BBVA online account claiming fee free banking.Does anyone have experience of this?

I've not experienced it personally, but you are correct that it's free if you're happy to operate online only (as I would be). I've been with BBVA for nearly 20 years, but they're only offering that particular account to new customers. I've gone for the Va Contigo account which is also free if you're prepared to pay in enough each month or meet other conditions.
Paul Uden

Previous

Return to Quesada general discussion