Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Electricity cut

Electricity cut

Postby tennispat » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:28 pm

Following the recent power cuts one of my a/c units does not work. However after putting the relevant switch in the fuse box off for 20 minutes then on again it works.
Any ideas why this happens.
tennispat

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa quesada

Re: Electricity cut

Postby camionpilot » Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:37 pm

Been happening multiple times at night for the last 10 days ..!!!
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Gasgit » Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:37 pm

Possible power surge, I’ve been told Samsung’s,control boards are not very good with those ?has it got a reset button within, as sometimes they lose there memory
Gasgit

Which part of Spain are you from?: Playa Flamenca

Postby Lavender » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:14 pm

We have the remote control light/fans and it's like Blackpool illuminations when the electricity is constantly cutting out night after night. Feel sorry for the people who don't live here and have holiday homes, if they have the same lights then God knows when they will be able to come and switch them off!!!
Lavender

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Rickys » Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:35 pm

Has anyone been intouch with their electricity supplier to find out why this is happening? They can't charge you for supplying 24/7/365 a year when they are unable to do so surely.
Rickys

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby Lavender » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:49 am

Rickys wrote:Has anyone been intouch with their electricity supplier to find out why this is happening? They can't charge you for supplying 24/7/365 a year when they are unable to do so surely.

The electricity only cuts for a few seconds, as if it has tripped, but it's always early hours of the morning and very annoying because the air con units make a noise which wakes me up, then all our remote control lights come on. I'm sure it must be damaging some electrical appliances. I've read on other buy and sell sites that some people have contacted Iberdrola but as usual got no sense out of them. They claim they are unaware of it. I don't know if it's just happening in Quesada as I haven't heard of other towns being affected.
Lavender

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Rickys » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:46 am

We've had a surge protector fitted at source so near the fuse box, we did this as during the floods last year the power kept tripping out and blew our bedroom TV we talked to Iberdrola and they reccomended the surge protector, cost €149 for the protector and as we had Iberdrola insurance about €5 a month the labour was free, we have since changed from Iberdrola as they put our bill up 30% with no reason and all they said was prices had gone up yet our neighbours remained at the old price so we changed to Gana who have been superb and paying less than we paid Iberdrola before the price hike.
Rickys

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina