Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Residencia

Residencia

Postby Terri526 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:14 am

Hi all
I'm sure everyone is sick of this topic therefore I apologise in advance,however we are in a state of limbo and need some positive advise from those who have gone through a similar experience.
My partner and I purchased a house, paid in full in 2018. We have been living mostly in Spain returning to UK occasionally to wind things down with the intention of retireing to Spain.
We paid all the usual utility contributions. Have purchased a car etc.
To cut a log story short, we engaged a solicitor to help us buy our property then we used same solicitor to help us gain residencia prior to Dec 2020 deadline.
However every appointment we made with solicitor ended leaving us no further forward. Nevertheless we collected all the necessary documentation we were told we needed to apply for residency and took them to said solicitor. Once again we were sent away . On this occasion it was because our s1 form although on its way had not arrived yet.
We shared our concern regarding the deadline and solicitor response was to show us a pile of applications waiting to be processed.
Yes I acknowledge our stupidity however this solicitor was recommended by a friend and had managed to process other applications with success.
Unfortunately due to a bereavement in December we had to return to UK. We are now stuck here.
Our S1 form is in Spain waiting to be registered. We had our Padron. Sim card. NIE number etc in place prior to leaving.
We are both retired and in receipt of UK state pension.
We believe but not certain that we can continue with our original application and that the deadline is extended to June. We have flights booked to Spain in May however in this current climate who knows what will happen.
Any positive help would be a bonus at the moment.
Thanks
Terri526

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Residencia

Postby jpeg » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:20 am

you are allowed to come to Spain for legal matters
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Terri526 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:25 am

I didn't realise that. Thank you
Terri526

Postby Paul58 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:58 am

Terri526 wrote:Hi all
I'm sure everyone is sick of this topic therefore I apologise in advance,however we are in a state of limbo and need some positive advise from those who have gone through a similar experience.
My partner and I purchased a house, paid in full in 2018. We have been living mostly in Spain returning to UK occasionally to wind things down with the intention of retireing to Spain.
We paid all the usual utility contributions. Have purchased a car etc.
To cut a log story short, we engaged a solicitor to help us buy our property then we used same solicitor to help us gain residencia prior to Dec 2020 deadline.
However every appointment we made with solicitor ended leaving us no further forward. Nevertheless we collected all the necessary documentation we were told we needed to apply for residency and took them to said solicitor. Once again we were sent away . On this occasion it was because our s1 form although on its way had not arrived yet.
We shared our concern regarding the deadline and solicitor response was to show us a pile of applications waiting to be processed.
Yes I acknowledge our stupidity however this solicitor was recommended by a friend and had managed to process other applications with success.
Unfortunately due to a bereavement in December we had to return to UK. We are now stuck here.
Our S1 form is in Spain waiting to be registered. We had our Padron. Sim card. NIE number etc in place prior to leaving.
We are both retired and in receipt of UK state pension.
We believe but not certain that we can continue with our original application and that the deadline is extended to June. We have flights booked to Spain in May however in this current climate who knows what will happen.
Any positive help would be a bonus at the moment.
Thanks

December 2020 wasn't/isn't the deadline for submitting your application. The 31st December deadline was for people (Brits) to be legally resident in Spain to benefit from the withdrawal agreement.

As long as you can prove that you were legally resident in Spain prior to the 31st December deadline then you can continue your application.
Legal residency includes healthcover, private or S1 prior to 2021. Padron dated prior to 2021 (I know that this isn't officially required but it is in Alicante). Rental contract/Escritura again, prior to 2021.
Proof of sufficient funds & bank usage prior to 2021 would help.

Your EX20 application could be submitted online by anyone with a digital signature and the resolution usually takes less than 1 week. I would seriously consider getting someone else to further your application.
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Terri526 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:36 pm

That info is really appreciated. Wish I'd asked for help on here sooner.
Yes we are looking elsewhere for assistance.

Thank you
Terri526

Postby camionpilot » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:48 pm

You have until the end of march if you were not in the system .
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Blondemazz » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:26 am

Don’t know where your house is, but get onto Oneway Services in Quesada, they are brilliant and will guide you through everything. They registered our S1, we go for our Residencia today , we got our SIP card last week and are just waiting for our new drivers license to come. They also did our wills and our non resident tax returns .
Good luck !
Blondemazz

Postby Terri526 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:21 pm

Ive sent them an email. Thank you
Terri526

Postby Terri526 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:38 pm

Hi me again.
I've tried ringing one way services. I've used number from their web page however when I ting it says its the wrong number.
Do you have their number to hand please.
Thank you
Terri526