Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Mental health unit centre coming to Quesada

Re: Metal health unit and immigration centre coming to Quesa

Postby S&J » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:42 am

Apologies if offence has been caused regarding the immigration comment, as I’ve said it was worded the wrong way but the post was intended to gauge every body’s opinion on the proposed €10 million elderly care and mental health hospital in the middle of what I presumed is a area dominated by holiday homes and in by the sounds of it the majority who have commented seem to have no problem with it, which is great but in my personal opinion if I had bought a holiday home in this area I would deem this to be a negative impact on the area as I always thought Quesada was aimed at 2nd home owners but now it seems Rojales council seem otherwise, I do believe the people in the immediate area to this proposed hospital will struggle to rent out and also sell there properties if they wish to but again just my opinion and hopefully I’m wrong as I’m have no monetary interest in the area
S&J

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby tel49 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:45 am

tel49

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby S&J » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:48 am

Thanks I couldn’t post the link!
S&J

Postby amurny » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:57 am

S & J - can I ask the purpose of your post if you have no interest/investment in the area? Was it just to provoke a response?
amurny

Postby S&J » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:06 pm

Yes you can and no it was not for a response I’ve been holidaying in Quesada for near twenty years and if you read my original post it says that my plan was to buy a 2nd home to enjoy with the family and plan to retire to Quesada when given the opportunity, I hope this is ok with you?
S&J

Postby El Buho » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:11 pm

I have just read the Olive Press article, the words "immigration" & "drug addiction"do not appear anywhere in the article - or did I miss something?

Edited update - a similar newspaper article is on page 4 of this week´s Costa Blanca People
Last edited by El Buho on Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
El Buho

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby maisiesdad » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:12 pm

Glassfull wrote:
S&J wrote:...I feel for the people who have invested there hard earned money in the area to then have immigrants and what not for next door neighbours

Oh I agree, why, I’ve got German’s, Dutch, Welsh, French, Belgians, Scott’s and several Nordic’s as neighbours. Far too many immigrants.

You are lucky us Scotts have english immigrant neighbours as well Norwegian and Swiss.
maisiesdad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby S&J » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:18 pm

El Buho wrote:I have just read the Olive Press article and the word "immigration" does not appear anywhere in the article - or did I miss something?

Your quite right I have misinterpreted the social integration centre my apologies.
S&J

Postby Anniep » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:25 pm

We moved up to Quesada as we’re told there was a high percentage of residents, so not entirely a holiday home urb, I live in Lo Marabu, and really don’t have a problem with a facility like the one proposed, maybe some of the elderly residents might be able to live in an area they know! There are many people that suffer with mental health problems and need help, or of course is it out of sight out of mind!
Anniep

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu

Postby amurny » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:40 pm

S&J wrote:Yes you can and no it was not for a response I’ve been holidaying in Quesada for near twenty years and if you read my original post it says that my plan was to buy a 2nd home to enjoy with the family and plan to retire to Quesada when given the opportunity, I hope this is ok with you?

Absolutely. You are fortunate you found out about this development before you made your decision to move here - lucky escape.

Personally I am pleased the government is investing in our area to build this much needed facility.
amurny

PreviousNext