Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Travel - UK to Spain et aL

Re: Travel - UK to Spain et aL

Postby Redwoodsman » Mon May 10, 2021 12:08 pm

RJC wrote:The charges for vaccinations and testing kits need to be examined to establish if they are fair and not excessive.

If airlines, tourist boards and ministers wish to subsidise these charges that also needs to be looked at - I would be OK with that.

If the provider (of the service or subsidy) had the choice of withdrawing, that is fair - I emphasise the "choice"

[ Would someone please do something about the spell checker - I have enough with "s" "zee" and "zeds" in words anyway :) ]
Redwoodsman

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Ginger » Mon May 10, 2021 1:21 pm

Sage wrote:Even if the rules change I've decided that I'm not going to travel anywhere overseas until at least June 8th. That's after I've had my 2nd jab + 3 weeks to gain maximum immunity.
the jabs do not give immunity, you can still get a milder form of Covid or carry the virusandpassonto others. Recent variants of the virus have not been fully tested yet and may be immune from the vaccine.

To be honest all these tests and isolations etc baffle me, my brain can not cope so I am staying put until things change.
Ginger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cartagena, murcia

Postby Ginger » Mon May 10, 2021 1:25 pm

nigelandkath wrote:Please, people in the UK, stop posting your wanting to come over to Spain, for whatever reason you want to give which if I am honest is just excuses to get around the Covid rules. Stop and think. This is a global pandemic and each country will want to safeguard its people. We are nowhere near the UK's vaccination rates and as such we are still vulnerable to the pandemic disease, and whilst you might feel well you can still carry the disease here to unvaccinated people. Whilst you may feel safe, we do not. Leave it until later on in the year when Spain will welcome you with open arms rather than seeing you as a potential disease carrier. No one here is anti Brits coming but just not yet, I am sure if the roles were reversed you would feel the same. If it is not an emergency then it is not an emergency,

Well written, I agree totally with your views.
Ginger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cartagena, murcia

Postby Sage » Mon May 10, 2021 2:29 pm

Ginger wrote:
Sage wrote:Even if the rules change I've decided that I'm not going to travel anywhere overseas until at least June 8th. That's after I've had my 2nd jab + 3 weeks to gain maximum immunity.
the jabs do not give immunity, you can still get a milder form of Covid or carry the virusandpassonto others. Recent variants of the virus have not been fully tested yet and may be immune from the vaccine.

To be honest all these tests and isolations etc baffle me, my brain can not cope so I am staying put until things change.

Yes Ginger I am aware of that. It was a poor choice of words on my part.....instead of immunity I should have used the word protection. I've spent the last 14 months avoiding anything and everyone as best I can but......

3 weeks after my second vaccination I will achieve maximum protection from the virus. That's as good as it gets for now until someone comes along with something better. There will likely be a booster vaccine in the autumn but THATS IT.

Couldn't care less wether I come to Spain or not. The virus has made me rather wary of airports, flying and crowds. I'll have to work hard to get over my anxiety and I suspect there are plenty like me.
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Redwoodsman » Mon May 10, 2021 2:41 pm

Ginger wrote:
nigelandkath wrote:Please, people in the UK, stop posting your wanting to come over to Spain, for whatever reason you want to give which if I am honest is just excuses to get around the Covid rules. Stop and think. This is a global pandemic and each country will want to safeguard its people. We are nowhere near the UK's vaccination rates and as such we are still vulnerable to the pandemic disease, and whilst you might feel well you can still carry the disease here to unvaccinated people. Whilst you may feel safe, we do not. Leave it until later on in the year when Spain will welcome you with open arms rather than seeing you as a potential disease carrier. No one here is anti Brits coming but just not yet, I am sure if the roles were reversed you would feel the same. If it is not an emergency then it is not an emergency,

Well written, I agree totally with your views.

If your preference is aimed to apply at ALL nations (based on their infection rates and not just to people in the UK- where there is, now, a low infection rate) then I cannot take issue with your right to hold and express it, although I disagree with it.

If anyone argues that the border must be open to a transfer of infection risk because of a treaty then the basis of their argument cannot be based on a fear of infection. ( However admirable that treaty may be of course :) )
Redwoodsman

Postby AlanH1972 » Mon May 10, 2021 6:16 pm

Jonnno wrote:OK. To be fair UK government and travel industry are both guilty of introducing unreasonable charges to travel to and from uk.
The government is clearly condoning charges arising from their own action. Don't really understand why the testing charges, which are necessary, should not be an NHS service for Brits.

Although unfortunately we are unable to visit our home in Spain at the moment, we have booked a small break in Portugal as we are able to travel there under "green route" listing, Tui have charge me £20 pp for the tests, so would hope by June/July this will be reflected by the likes of Ryanair and Easyjet etc...
AlanH1972

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby Elpando » Mon May 10, 2021 6:32 pm

Redwoodsman wrote:
Elpando wrote:
I understand where you are coming from with that comment but the amount of my hard earned wages that I have handed over in Tax and National Insurance in the last 45 years knocks me sideways. I for one think that a little bit of something in return now and then might be a nice idea.

Although I, and my family, would directly benefit from the idea, I totally disagree with the idea of subsidising holiday testing.

Really "the little bit of something" that you have already gained was the protection and benefit of the NHS for you, your family, and the rest of the UK population.

Anything (i.e., because of the expense) that lessens the benefits of the NHS that can be gained, for the whole population, is questionable.
I fear I have been misunderstood. I wasn't expecting to be given freebies by our wonderful NHS. The testing could almost certainly be obtained and carried out far cheaper via an NHS route instead of through these "rip-off" mercenaries. I would gladly pay a "fair price" back into the system if this was only sorted out by the government. These companies are having our eyes out and it ain't right
Elpando

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby Redwoodsman » Tue May 11, 2021 1:01 am

Elpando
My apologies for reading more into your posting than you were actually saying.
Redwoodsman

Previous