Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Travel - UK to Spain et aL

Travel - UK to Spain et aL

Postby RJC » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:25 am

Today's Independent Reads

"Ministers have given the green light for holidays abroad as early as 17 May, but ignored industry pleas to make trips affordable by cutting the cost of Covid tests for travellers.
Plans drawn up by a taskforce under transport secretary Grant Shapps will use a traffic light system to divide destinations into green, amber and red zones based on infection risk, with even arrivals from the safest countries required to take a test before departure and a PCR test after arrival, at a cost of as much as £200.
The move means that travel is likely to be affordable initially only to the well-heeled or to those with pressing needs to go abroad, such as for family reunion.
Details of the countries on each of the lists will not be revealed until early May, with industry eyes focused on whether the US, France and Spain will win the coveted green status"
RJC

Re: Travel - UK to Spain et aL

Postby nigelandkath » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:55 am

If things continue as they are with rising rates not falling, don't see how either France or Spain will be given green status. Still we still have a couple of weeks to turn things around.
nigelandkath

Which part of Spain are you from?: torre la mata

Postby RJC » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:17 am

Daily Mirror:

Passengers landing from green nations will need to take a pre-departure test before flying back, as well as a PCR test on or before day two of their arrival in the UK.

But they will not need to quarantine, unless they receive a positive result, or take any additional tests.

Those returning from amber countries must self-isolate for 10 days and take a pre-departure test, a PCR test on day two and day eight, with the option for “test to release” on day five to end quarantine early.

Arrivals from red countries must pay £1,750 to quarantine for 10 days in a Government-approved hotel, undergo pre-departure testing and PCR testing on day two and eight.

A “green watchlist” will be introduced to help identify countries most at risk of moving from green to amber.

The DfT said: “It is too early to predict which countries will be on which list over the summer, and the Government continues to consider a range of factors to inform the restrictions placed on them.

“We will set out by early May which countries will fall into which category, as well as confirming whether international travel can resume from May 17.”
RJC

Postby LOWSUN10 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:59 am

I am hoping to travel by car through France and into Spain (with our little dog)and yet this morning I checked the French website that stated if I am travelling from one of 7 countries (including the UK) then we would have to self isolate once in France. This seems odd, given that my wife and I will have had both covid vaccinations and tests before setting foot on French soil and I would anticipate 3-4 days travel. I have enquired about ferries from UK to Spain, but there are no pet friendly cabins until November and yet we have sold our house in UK & awaiting completion of sale anytime now, so we have a dilemma also. I am not prepared to put my pet on the car deck all night alone, as he would fret too much, but I'm sure there are many people in a worse position than I.
LOWSUN10

Which part of Spain are you from?: wakefield

Postby Sage » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:18 pm

Even if the rules change I've decided that I'm not going to travel anywhere overseas until at least June 8th. That's after I've had my 2nd jab + 3 weeks to gain maximum immunity.
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby jpeg » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:40 pm

If you are not a legal resident of Spain holding the correct paperwork then you should not be coming at all if you are then I would suggest that you use the Tunnel
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby MichaelC » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:23 pm

There is no chance what so ever that Spain will get green status in May.
The criteria is that 50% of the population need to be vaccinated and Spain has vaccinated just 16%.
The second review after May will not be until 26 June, so even then Spain will be pushing to reach 50%. Its therefore unlikely until the late July review before Spain will be considered green.
Whilst Amber, its 10 days self isolation, test before travel and 2 tests after arriving days 2 and 8 as now. At this point its also PCR for return, so expensive.
MichaelC

Which part of Spain are you from?: QUESADA

Postby nigelandkath » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:39 pm

Please, people in the UK, stop posting your wanting to come over to Spain, for whatever reason you want to give which if I am honest is just excuses to get around the Covid rules. Stop and think. This is a global pandemic and each country will want to safeguard its people. We are nowhere near the UK's vaccination rates and as such we are still vulnerable to the pandemic disease, and whilst you might feel well you can still carry the disease here to unvaccinated people. Whilst you may feel safe, we do not. Leave it until later on in the year when Spain will welcome you with open arms rather than seeing you as a potential disease carrier. No one here is anti Brits coming but just not yet, I am sure if the roles were reversed you would feel the same. If it is not an emergency then it is not an emergency,
nigelandkath

Which part of Spain are you from?: torre la mata

Postby polop » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:25 pm

nigelandkath wrote:Please, people in the UK, stop posting your wanting to come over to Spain, for whatever reason you want to give which if I am honest is just excuses to get around the Covid rules. Stop and think. This is a global pandemic and each country will want to safeguard its people. We are nowhere near the UK's vaccination rates and as such we are still vulnerable to the pandemic disease, and whilst you might feel well you can still carry the disease here to unvaccinated people. Whilst you may feel safe, we do not. Leave it until later on in the year when Spain will welcome you with open arms rather than seeing you as a potential disease carrier. No one here is anti Brits coming but just not yet, I am sure if the roles were reversed you would feel the same. If it is not an emergency then it is not an emergency,

Yes very true
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Postby MichaelC » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:43 am

I still don't understand why do many on here are so against the British coming to Spain.
The French, Germans and Dutch are now visiting and pose s much higher risk than those from the UK which are now one of the lowest risk countries in the world.
Yes someone might be a carrier, but that will always apply anywhere in the world and from any country, but those from the UK pose a lower risk.
If the Germans, French and Dutch can come, I can't see any reason why the British can't.
MichaelC

Which part of Spain are you from?: QUESADA

Next