Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Easing of Restrictions - Valencia Region

Re: Easing of Restrictions - Valencia Region

Postby davebrandrick » Mon May 10, 2021 10:38 am

TonTri wrote:

Exactly my point! You used to be able to smoke in all those places but now our right to enjoy a cigarette is being eroded by narrow minded people who " don't like the smell". .

NO can i just intervene here. please

I am a 10 year Bowel Cancer survivor. Its nothing to do with 'the smell', it to do with the fact that , as a cancer survivor, id like you not to force me to breathe carcinogenic second hand cigarette smoke, and risk my life. Is not wanting to get cancer again "narrow minded" ?

Roy Castle never smoked in his life, and only ever breathed in second hand cigarette smoke in the smoky night clubs he worked in, and he died riddle in cancer, and is the most famous victim of second hand cigarette smoke, and the main reason WHY its banned in most public places.

Its nothing to do with smell. Its life threatening. Is that unreasonable? Please smoke outside, where the wind will blow the smoke away. its not much to ask.
davebrandrick

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Jaycee75 » Mon May 10, 2021 10:58 am

Whether smokers like it or not, if they insist in smoking in a public then their smoke ( which has already been down to their tar infested lungs ) will always affect anyone in close proximity to them, who have no choice but to inhale and smell their obnoxious fumes, and all the exhaling up in the air, holding your fag over your shoulder will not prevent it. Someone will suffer from it. If that isn't being selfish, I don't know what is. !!

Yes, live and let live, but have some respect for people who don't want to poison their bodies with a disgusting, unsociable habit which is proven to lead to a painfull, premature death.
Jaycee75

Postby mondo » Mon May 10, 2021 10:59 am

I don't begrudge anyone wanting a smoke. People can smoke away to their hearts content, fair play to them, it's legal and people can do what they want if it's legal.

But why should I have to breath their discarded smoke?

That should be an easy question.

Perhaps smokers want me to stay home and never go out?

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby elchedave » Mon May 10, 2021 11:03 am

davebrandrick wrote:
TonTri wrote:

Exactly my point! You used to be able to smoke in all those places but now our right to enjoy a cigarette is being eroded by narrow minded people who " don't like the smell". .

NO can i just intervene here. please

I am a 10 year Bowel Cancer survivor. Its nothing to do with 'the smell', it to do with the fact that , as a cancer survivor, id like you not to force me to breathe carcinogenic second hand cigarette smoke, and risk my life. Is not wanting to get cancer again "narrow minded" ?

Roy Castle never smoked in his life, and only ever breathed in second hand cigarette smoke in the smoky night clubs he worked in, and he died riddle in cancer, and is the most famous victim of second hand cigarette smoke, and the main reason WHY its banned in most public places.

Its nothing to do with smell. Its life threatening. Is that unreasonable? Please smoke outside, where the wind will blow the smoke away. its not much to ask.

I lost my Father to smoking related cancers many years ago at just 57 years of age, i never really liked the smell but having lost Dad because of smoking i absolutely detest it now. Almost all smokers have no thought for anyone around them, usually pointing the poison over their shoulder & away from themselves & their friends towards anyone else who may be close. Disgusting, unhealthy habit that is thankfully becoming more difficult to "enjoy"
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Steve wilkins » Mon May 10, 2021 11:07 am

As someone who has the odd smoke over a drink, i would like to continue to enjoy a cigarette outside at my table. Already we have been made to smoke outside, and now people want smokers to go across the road? I do understand where non smokers are coming from though, and even i do not like to breathe it from someone else when i am eating.

Surely a compromise can be found? On the one hand, we are getting the weather where everyone wants or needs to be outside. But what happens if the smokers go across the road and the wind blows it in the direction of the bar? Do we then take a walk down to the end of the road?
Steve wilkins

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby mondo » Mon May 10, 2021 11:33 am

Maybe the non-smokers should go across the road and let the smokers smoke in peace on the terrace..

I wonder how that would go down..
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Jaycee75 » Mon May 10, 2021 11:40 am

Steve wilkins wrote:As someone who has the odd smoke over a drink, i would like to continue to enjoy a cigarette outside at my table. Already we have been made to smoke outside, and now people want smokers to go across the road? I do understand where non smokers are coming from though, and even i do not like to breathe it from someone else when i am eating.

Surely a compromise can be found? On the one hand, we are getting the weather where everyone wants or needs to be outside. But what happens if the smokers go across the road and the wind blows it in the direction of the bar? Do we then take a walk down to the end of the road?

I know smoking is an addiction and it took my wife nearly 50 years to stop but only after the doctor at the Quiron hospital told her that her lungs were only working at 75% capacity and will get worse. She said she enjoyed it, but how can you enjoy something that controls your life, like cocaine. She couldn't get through the day without a fag, she couldn't converse without a cigarette in her mouth, she couldn't function. Now after 18 months, she has her life back, and an extra seven kilos.!

The only answer is to enjoy a cigarette where it will not affect anybody. Yes it's difficult and maybe be impossible, but it will show consideration to other people which is all non - smokers are asking for.
Jaycee75

Postby Angela17 » Mon May 10, 2021 12:07 pm

mondo wrote:Maybe the non-smokers should go across the road and let the smokers smoke in peace on the terrace..

Why? What a ridiculous comment, it's the smokers that are risking theirs and other people's health not the non-smokers!
Angela17

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Jaycee75 » Mon May 10, 2021 12:12 pm

Angela17 wrote:
mondo wrote:Maybe the non-smokers should go across the road and let the smokers smoke in peace on the terrace..

Why? What a ridiculous comment, it's the smokers that are risking theirs and other people's health not the non-smokers!

I think mondo is only jesting.
Jaycee75

Postby marcliff » Wed May 19, 2021 5:31 pm

The President of the Valencia Community has announced he is delaying the easing of the curfew until the 31st May. Currently midnight to 0600 and this has to be confirmed by the Valencian courts.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

PreviousNext