Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Easing of Restrictions - Valencia Region

Re: Easing of Restrictions - Valencia Region

Postby marcliff » Thu May 20, 2021 7:16 pm

Still to be confirmed by the Valencian Courts but it looks like the curfew will be maintained from 24th May for a further 2 weeks until 6th June but will be put back and from 0100 to 0600. Further decisions on the number of people being able to meet socially and other restrictions will be discussed by the health committee over the next 2 days and announced before the end of the current period on Monday including allowed opening hours for bars and restaurants.

Although cases are down in the Region, over the week they have shown a slight rebound which has stopped the Generalitat from suspending restrictions altogether. For example, in the Alicante province there were 54 new cases recorded yesterday which is down from the 61 cases on Tuesday but up from 47 announced on Monday.

It will also be able to assess the effect of opening the borders to other regions.

The President also announced that all over 30 will be called for vaccines at the beginning of July.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby marcliff » Sat May 22, 2021 3:57 pm

As from Monday, the curfew will be put back until 1am to 6am. Bars and restaurants can open until 0030.

Limitation on gatherings is maintained to 10 people, 50 percent capacity inside and 100 percent outside with smoking still banned on the terraces and a maximum of 10 people per table but the social distancing is to be kept.

Places of worship can have 75% of capacity which is the same for all celebrations, sporting activities and cultural centres.

These limitations are in force until June 7th and will probably be the last time. New restrictions have been agreed by the Valencian Supreme Court.

40% of the entire Valencian community has now had at least one jab with the over 50 to 59 age group ending on June 15 when they will start the 40 to 49 and the 30 to 39 group starting in July.

The wearing of face masks outdoors will probably be maintained until July.
marcliff

Postby El Tel » Sat May 22, 2021 11:24 pm

mondo wrote:Live and let live?

I have asthma and smoke really makes it difficult for me to to breath. Where is my right to breath fresh air?

I wouldn't mind too much if smokers keep it to themselves, but too many light up and hold their smouldering cigarette over their shoulder between puffs presumably to keep the smoke away from themselves an annoy others.

If you must smoke, do it privately and don't make life difficult for others.

Live and let live I say..

:text-goodpost:
El Tel

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby El Tel » Sat May 22, 2021 11:26 pm

davebrandrick wrote:
TonTri wrote:

Exactly my point! You used to be able to smoke in all those places but now our right to enjoy a cigarette is being eroded by narrow minded people who " don't like the smell". .

NO can i just intervene here. please

I am a 10 year Bowel Cancer survivor. Its nothing to do with 'the smell', it to do with the fact that , as a cancer survivor, id like you not to force me to breathe carcinogenic second hand cigarette smoke, and risk my life. Is not wanting to get cancer again "narrow minded" ?

Roy Castle never smoked in his life, and only ever breathed in second hand cigarette smoke in the smoky night clubs he worked in, and he died riddle in cancer, and is the most famous victim of second hand cigarette smoke, and the main reason WHY its banned in most public places.

Its nothing to do with smell. Its life threatening. Is that unreasonable? Please smoke outside, where the wind will blow the smoke away. its not much to ask.

:text-goodpost:
El Tel

Postby Ireneinveraray » Sun May 23, 2021 2:00 am

Angela17 wrote:
mondo wrote:Maybe the non-smokers should go across the road and let the smokers smoke in peace on the terrace..

I wonder how that would go down..

Why? What a ridiculous comment, it's the smokers that are risking theirs and other people's health not the non-smokers!

Lol sarcasm?
Ireneinveraray

Postby marcliff » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:32 pm

After a week in which the Valencia president and the health authorities have been discussing the continuation of restrictions as the infection rate has risen, it was announced today that the inter departmental meeting will be held on Thursday this week to thrash it out.

The restrictions are currently in place until June 7th and Ximo Puig today said they will not be extending the curfew from then. After the Balearics stopped the curfew, the Comunidad Valenciana was the only one to maintain the curfew which is 0100 to 0600 until next Monday.

He also alluded to the nightlife (discos etc) restrictions being eased though not completely scrapped and that bars and restaurants could have some restrictions on opening times lifted.

He also said he was in favour of doing away with mask wearing in the open air although he previously stated this could be kept in force until July.

Although the number of positive cases is on the rise in Valencia, accumulated cases up to 34 per 100,000 from 29 just like week, there were no deaths in the last 24 hours (just one dating back to February added to the total) and there were no deaths in the Catalonia Region either which is the first time since last July.

And well done UK for hitting the zero deaths total today as well.
marcliff

Postby Bee » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:41 pm

According to Ana Barcelo the relaxation of mask wearing has to come from the Minister for Health Carolina Darias with agreement from all the Autonomous Regions. I presume if an agreement is reached each Communidad will have the option of keeping the measure in place or rescinding it.

"Ana Barcelo Conselleria/Minister for Health in the Generalitat said she is waiting for the Government Minister for Health to rescind the mask wearing order before she can make any decision"

Fingers crossed it is rescinded in Spain for wearing in the open air and on the beach. I can see why it would be used in supermarkets shopping centres public transport and indoor confined spaces or where large crowds congregate where there is very little ventilation but not outdoors in the fresh air.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby marcliff » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:33 am

The curfew ends on Monday and will no longer be in force from Tuesday 8th June.

Bars, restaurants etc will be allowed to open until 1 in the morning but not allow new customers in from midnight. The indoor capacity of 6 per table and a maximum of 50% capacity but 100% on terraces with 10 per table remains.

Nightlife, discos etc can open until 2 in the morning with a 50% capacity inside and a maximum of 6 per table but 100% occupancy outside on the terraces with a maximum of 10 per table. Dancing, however, will not be allowed.

The limitation of 2 families meeting in a private home is scrapped as is the maximum number allowed at funerals or religious ceremonies but the 1.5 m social distancing must be kept and facemasks to be worn if more than one family.

No change on the rules for facemask wearing as yet but Ximo Puig wants to scrap the wearing of them outdoors as soon as possible with the agreement of the central government.
marcliff

Postby marcliff » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:17 pm

The DOGV has now been published regarding the easing of restrictions. DOGV 9100 date 4.6.2021

The wearing of masks indoors and outdoors is still maintained and has not been rescinded for outdoor use. The use during sporting activities, sunbathing, swimming etc is still not compulsory provided the distance of 1.5m is maintained. It must still be worn when entering, leaving or walking on beaches or around pools. Masks must be worn in changing rooms except when showering.

Use of lifts is restricted to one third of capacity and masks must be worn.

All other relevant parts have been posted before.
marcliff

Postby marcliff » Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:50 pm

Current restrictions on bar opening, capacities etc due to end on June 30th have all been extended until July 15th.
It is recommended that face masks continue to be worn outdoors although it is only compulsory if the social distance of 1.5 m cannot be maintained.
Some restrictions on mass meetings outdoors have been eased.
This is because of the increase of new cases in the Valencia Region and the accumulated case rising to medium from low over the last two weeks.
marcliff

PreviousNext