Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Easing of Restrictions - Valencia Region

Easing of Restrictions - Valencia Region

Postby marcliff » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:12 pm

The President of the Valencian Community and the Minister of Health, Ana Barcelo, have just appeared to give a press conference after the regional interdepartmental meetings. This was scheduled for 7pm, put back to 8pm and delayed to 9:00pm. These announcements come after an increase in Covid cases in the Region putting the cumulative count to 40 in 100,000, still much lower than the Spain wide 230 in 100,000. There were just 54 new cases in the Alicante province and 4 deaths today.

The easing of restrictions will be very slow until the state of alarm ends on 9th May but the President has said he is considering extending certain restrictions until June.

The restrictions currently in force will remain but some easing has been announced from Monday 26th April until May 9th.

The perimeter closure of the Valencia Region will end on May 9th
Funerals, weddings etc can increase capacity up to 50%

Cultural events can increase capacity up to 75%

Bars, restaurants and shops can remain open until 2200 and the curfew at that time is maintained but will be reviewed again in 2 weeks time. There is no increase in the capacity allowed with 100% on terraces and 30% indoors and a maximum of 6 people per table. A maximum of two family groups only in houses

And that was it. Not a lot and all current restrictions are extended 15 days from 26 April.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Re: Easing of Restrictions - Valencia Region

Postby Littlechris » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:42 pm

Bars open till 10pm but have to be home by 10pm excuse the pun Barzar.
Littlechris

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Dot » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:44 pm

I thought that too
Dot

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo marabu

Postby Haze » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:47 am

It's very simple curfew means as a customer at a bar or restaurant you have to be home by 10pm. If you work you have always been allow to travel after curfew to and from your place of work.
Haze

Postby Littlechris » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:13 am

Haze. Really would never have worked that one out. My point was you would think they would have given a little leeway to get home a extra hour for example before the very clever virus engulfed you. But thanks for the heads up.
Littlechris

Postby Dot » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:36 am

Littlechris wrote:Haze. Really would never have worked that one out. My point was you would think they would have given a little leeway to get home a extra hour for example before the very clever virus engulfed you. But thanks for the heads up.

Lol I think I could work that out too.
Dot

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo marabu

Postby Glassfull » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:43 am

Littlechris wrote:Haze. Really would never have worked that one out. My point was you would think they would have given a little leeway to get home a extra hour for example before the very clever virus engulfed you. But thanks for the heads up.

Just do what you did the last time we had a 22:00 curfew with bars still open until 10p.m. It’s not hard
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Sylwina » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:05 pm

Glassfull wrote:

Just do what you did the last time we had a 22:00 curfew with bars still open until 10p.m. It’s not hard

Glassfull you are missing the point entirely. LittleChris is not finding any of it hard! The point he/she was making in a completely non confrontational humorous way, unlike your hostile tone, is that there is little point to the bars being open till 2200 if you have to be home at 2200! That will be helpful only to those few living above the bar! It would make more sense to have the bars close at 2130 to allow people to get home before curfew or to extend the curfew so people don't break the law if they leave at closing time. A perfectly valid point of view.
Sylwina

Postby Glassfull » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:21 pm

Sylwina wrote:
Glassfull wrote:

Glassfull you are missing the point entirely. LittleChris is not finding any of it hard! The point he/she was making in a completely non confrontational humorous way, unlike your hostile tone...

Hostile? How dare you madam!
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Sylwina » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:15 pm

Fraid so Glassfull! When you finish with a phrase like "it's not hard" implies people are being dense and is unnecessarily rude. Why not keep it friendly?
The increasingly hectoring tone on this excellent site is a real turn off for people who just want to express an opinion and pass the time of day with people who are sharing a similar environment.
Sylwina

Next