Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

More Brexit implications

Re: More Brexit implications

Postby MichaelC » Sun May 02, 2021 10:18 pm

Scotland simply could not survive as an independent country.
What is its biggest income. Oil and thats got maybe 10 years left. Fishing, nowhere near sufficient to finance the country. Biggest market, 60% plus of exports go to the UK.
No armed forces of its own.
EU already said won't accept as an independent country, deficit 8 times outside the EU's criteria.
Hard border with the UK and adopting the Euro.
You cannot be serious.
Great place and great people, but a Scotland without the financial support of the UK would crash into poverty.
MichaelC

Which part of Spain are you from?: QUESADA

Postby Paul Uden » Sun May 02, 2021 10:29 pm

Jaycee75 wrote:As usual you always get people who have to hijack a thread just to foist their political opinions on everybody else. :evil:

:text-goodpost:
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Glassfull » Mon May 03, 2021 9:12 am

Jaycee75 wrote:As usual you always get people who have to hijack a thread just to foist their political opinions on everybody else. :evil:

How has it been hijacked? The OP’s thread mentioned Brexit and that was a political decision. Political opinions and Brexit cannot be divorced..
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Jaycee75 » Mon May 03, 2021 10:32 am

Glassfull wrote:

How has it been hijacked? The OP’s thread mentioned Brexit and that was a political decision. Political opinions and Brexit cannot be divorced..

Hijacked means that you have changed the whole context of the OP.
Jaycee75

Postby brandyboy » Mon May 03, 2021 12:51 pm

Jaycee75 wrote:
Glassfull wrote:

Hijacked means that you have changed the whole context of the OP.

The OP relates to Brexit, so I hardly think it’s been hijacked, no more than you or I have hijacked the thread. Best chill out and let people continue their debate. You can’t control everything, as much as you’d like to.
brandyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Ginger » Tue May 04, 2021 11:56 am

villabreaks wrote:Having just carried out some necessary maintenance/improvements to my holiday property, my abogado informs me that, as a result of Brexit, I cannot offset the cost against my rental tax ( now increased from 19% to 24% ). Are other property owners aware of this ?
maintenance costs are nit tax deductible as in the U.K. here if you rent a property out a set amount is allowed against tax.
Ginger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cartagena, murcia

Postby nicksared » Mon May 10, 2021 11:29 am

People are becoming more and more aware. We hope to get similar conditions to that Norway gets who are outside the EU. They get 19% rate and can offset costs just like EU folk. The hope is Spanish/UK politicians work together to get the same. As with everything to do with Brexit, nothing had been prepared properly. This is another work item that has hidden under the carpet.

On a previous person calling out 19% to 24% tax isnt bad, you are missing the point. For what profit you make it all now gets taxed as you cannot offset costs like management fees etc.
nicksared

Which part of Spain are you from?: Belfast

Previous