Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Message from Rojales Town Hall ‘ Latest ‘

Re: Message from Rojales Town Hall

Postby Yan » Mon May 24, 2021 5:25 pm

Sent an e mail to Hugh Elliot, the British ambassador to Spain. Just waiting for a response.
Yan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby hobnob » Tue May 25, 2021 10:32 am

HI...any news from the British Ambassador...an acknowledgement perhaps.
hobnob

Which part of Spain are you from?: benijofar

Postby Yan » Tue May 25, 2021 10:58 am

So far nothing, but I expect he’s a very busy man. On another note I went to the OCIO centre this morning, hoping to get in line and be given a jab. There were a number of irate people holding appointment letters in their hands and decrying the fact that the centre was closed! Make of that what you will. So back down to lo Marabu for the fourth time in a month, phone number checked again and my name put onto a very large looking list again!
Yan

Postby Rob67 » Wed May 26, 2021 1:02 pm

We went first thing this morning at 9.15 am for my wife to the Ocio in Torrevieja after being messed about by the health centre in Cabo Roig numerous times who just have the attitude of not giving a toss about you..

She had no appointment, just queued up, shown which line to go in and then her temporary sip card checked. When asked if this was for her second jab and she told them no for her first, they were genuinely shocked as it’s widely reported that her age group has been fully completed in the whole of the Valenciana region.

Given the Pfizer vaccine and within 25 minutes back in the car.
Rob67

Which part of Spain are you from?: Los Dolses

Postby hobnob » Wed May 26, 2021 1:12 pm

HI..Rob..would you please allude to the age group of your wife..not trying to pry but it may help others.Thanks.
hobnob

Which part of Spain are you from?: benijofar

Postby marcliff » Wed May 26, 2021 1:56 pm

Yan wrote:So far nothing, but I expect he’s a very busy man. On another note I went to the OCIO centre this morning, hoping to get in line and be given a jab. There were a number of irate people holding appointment letters in their hands and decrying the fact that the centre was closed! Make of that what you will. So back down to lo Marabu for the fourth time in a month, phone number checked again and my name put onto a very large looking list again!

It was closed because the new batch of vaccines didn't arrive in Madrid until late Monday. They they had to get them out to the regions.
It was open Tuesday afternoon as others have said they turned up 3pm. Someone else mentioned a sign on the door with the new opening hours for the day.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby marcliff » Wed May 26, 2021 1:56 pm

Yan wrote:So far nothing, but I expect he’s a very busy man. On another note I went to the OCIO centre this morning, hoping to get in line and be given a jab. There were a number of irate people holding appointment letters in their hands and decrying the fact that the centre was closed! Make of that what you will. So back down to lo Marabu for the fourth time in a month, phone number checked again and my name put onto a very large looking list again!

It was closed because the new batch of vaccines didn't arrive in Madrid until late Monday. They they had to get them out to the regions.
It was open Tuesday afternoon as others have said they turned up 3pm. Someone else mentioned a sign on the door with the new opening hours for the day.

The Minister for Health in the Valencian Region has stated that some 20,000 people in Valencia Region have actively refused the vaccine. Some cancelling and others simply not turning up after being given 3 appoinments.

It's being proposed that you should be able to go the gva site and pick your own time for an appointment. We'll see if that happens, it may just be that those given an appointment will be able to change the time on the site but not that you can make an appointment.
Last edited by marcliff on Wed May 26, 2021 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcliff

Postby Rob67 » Wed May 26, 2021 2:06 pm

hobnob wrote:HI..Rob..would you please allude to the age group of your wife..not trying to pry but it may help others.Thanks.

Hi hobnob, no problem. The age group is 60 - 65.

Also may be of interest to others we have private medical insurance and had real problems just registering for temporary sip cards at the Cabo Roig health centre.
Rob67

Which part of Spain are you from?: Los Dolses

Postby Yan » Wed May 26, 2021 2:27 pm

Guess I’ll just keep turning up at the OCIO centre ,in the hope that they eventually give me the vaccine. Do you think it would be a good idea to try again tomorrow morning?
Yan

Postby marcliff » Wed May 26, 2021 2:57 pm

Not sure on a Thursday. They are doing loads there so they tend to run out by the end of the week.
Might be best if someone on here tells you when they have an appointment there and piggy back onto that.
marcliff

PreviousNext