Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Message from Rojales Town Hall ‘ Latest ‘

Re: Message from Rojales Town Hall

Postby Yan » Wed May 26, 2021 4:46 pm

Might be best if someone on here tells you when they have an appointment there and piggy back onto that.

Anyone out there can help please?
Yan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Message from Rojales Town Hall

Postby Yan » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:06 pm

Quick update. Myself and a friend who is also over 60 and also awaiting his first Covid jab, decided to try our luck at the OCIO centre, yesterday lunch time. We managed to get through security and into the queue, I could see the trays of vaccination lined up and thought that at long last I would get the jab. The medical assistant took my ‘ full’ SIP card and TIE, checked the computer and promptly crashed my hopes by saying that I wasn’t on the list and to go away and await a phone call. My friend was given the same message, we promptly left in a deflated state. I received an email from The Valencian Health dept this morning in response to one I wrote to them last week. It basically says to go to my local health centre if I’m over 60 and report my concerns. I’ve already been 5 times in the last month, so that’s a waste of %@#£&** time. I now feel resigned to the fact that many of us have been forgotten and left behind.There really is no way of knowing how the system operates, who makes the phone calls and under what criteria are we chosen to come forward. Oh by the way I’ve had no response from the British Consulate so far, perhaps he’s out getting his jab?
Yan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Message from Rojales Town Hall ‘ Latest ‘

Postby hobnob » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:56 pm

Hi Yan...thanks for your info. My wife is also being given the complete run around..Contacted her Doctor who said you will be called ...that was a month ago..went to the health centre(Benijofar) and was told the same..went to the Rojales Salud as directed by the Town Hall..name and contact taken...which they already had..(fortnight ago) still no contact. Did the same as you on Monday this week queued at the Ocio centre got in to the queue all the way to the desk..showed her SIP card told the clerk the Doctor had told her to come ...was told you do not have an appointment..go away. Valencia have a facebook page that tells people to go to the salud..when they go they are told only Valencia can make appointments. The Wife is just 60 (April 2021) She has disappeared into an administrative black hole from which there seems to be no escape. Its the first jab she is waiting for and she speaks Spanish. What the hell is going on.
hobnob

Which part of Spain are you from?: benijofar

Postby shemarg » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:53 pm

Have you tried the sports centre in Rojales behind Mercadona as they’re doing mass vaccination there - worth a try. Good luck
shemarg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Golf. Quesada

Postby AnnetteD » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:02 pm

shemarg wrote:Have you tried the sports centre in Rojales behind Mercadona as they’re doing mass vaccination there - worth a try. Good luck

This is appointment only, I have mine tomorrow.
AnnetteD

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby shemarg » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:12 pm

I know one or two who went at a different time to their appointment who were accepted. Just thought worth try
shemarg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Golf. Quesada

Postby IanCollins » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:27 am

I went again yesterday to Lo Marabu health centre. This time with a spanish friend and we were told that I am on the list but they can only give 60-65 age group the AZ vaccine and they dont have any!
IanCollins

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Bee » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:15 am

From reading the many posts from those who have so far not been given an appointment my guess is it has to do with the vaccination centres not getting the supply of AZ. Unfortunately with the several changes of what age groups should and should not get AZ it appears the 60 to 69s are the AZ group chalked down for it and a decision has been made that rather than waste the expected AZ doses this age group are being kept waiting. I don't think people are being forgotten. AZ and J&J are only supplying a fraction of what they have been contracted to supply. The health authorities in Spain should come out and explain to that age group what's going on. Now that the decision has been made to give Pfizer or Moderna as a second dose instead of AZ it might get things moving a bit faster.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Glassfull » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:57 am

I returned from the UK late on Wednesday night after 7 weeks. We’d been to see a close relative in I’ll health and then, sadly, their funeral. During our stay, I received the text with my Pfizer dates which, unfortunately i missed. Yesterday I called into Lo Marabu, where they took my details and this morning, I received a call with a time, today, for my first jab.

John, aged sixty nine and a quarter!
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby AnnetteD » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:13 am

shemarg wrote:I know one or two who went at a different time to their appointment who were accepted. Just thought worth try

Yes anything is worth a try. I thought they weren’t giving Pfizer to the 60-69 age group until a neighbour told me his 68 year old wife had her second Pfizer a couple of weeks ago. Confused.com
AnnetteD

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

PreviousNext