Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Message from Rojales Town Hall ‘ Latest ‘

Re: Message from Rojales Town Hall ‘ Latest ‘

Postby AnnetteD » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:14 am

Glassfull wrote:I returned from the UK late on Wednesday night after 7 weeks. We’d been to see a close relative in I’ll health and then, sadly, their funeral. During our stay, I received the text with my Pfizer dates which, unfortunately i missed. Yesterday I called into Lo Marabu, where they took my details and this morning, I received a call with a time, today, for my first jab.

John, aged sixty nine and a quarter!

Sorry for your loss. Is that the Pfizer jab you’re having?
AnnetteD

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby marianna13 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:37 am

:text-goodpost: [quote="Bee"]From reading the many posts from those who have so far not been given an appointment my guess is it has to do with the vaccination centres not getting the supply of AZ. Unfortunately with the several changes of what age groups should and should not get AZ it appears the 60 to 69s are the AZ group chalked down for it and a decision has been made that rather than waste the expected AZ doses this age group are being kept waiting. I don't think people are being forgotten. AZ and J&J are only supplying a fraction of what they have been contracted to supply. The health authorities in Spain should come out and explain to that age group what's going on. Now that the decision has been made to give Pfizer or Moderna as a second dose instead of AZ it might get things moving a bit faster.

Bee[/quote
Especially the bit 'The health authorities in Spain should come out and explain to that age group what's going on'.
marianna13

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby fiesta2 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:29 am

Bee wrote:From reading the many posts from those who have so far not been given an appointment my guess is it has to do with the vaccination centres not getting the supply of AZ. Unfortunately with the several changes of what age groups should and should not get AZ it appears the 60 to 69s are the AZ group chalked down for it and a decision has been made that rather than waste the expected AZ doses this age group are being kept waiting. I don't think people are being forgotten. AZ and J&J are only supplying a fraction of what they have been contracted to supply. The health authorities in Spain should come out and explain to that age group what's going on. Now that the decision has been made to give Pfizer or Moderna as a second dose instead of AZ it might get things moving a bit faster.

Bee

Hi Bee

Where did you see that Pfizer and Moderna vaccines will replace AZ for the 2nd injection for 60 to 65 year olds? Thanks
fiesta2

Which part of Spain are you from?: la fiesta II

Postby Glassfull » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:23 am

AnnetteD wrote:
Glassfull wrote:I returned from the UK late on Wednesday night after 7 weeks. We’d been to see a close relative in I’ll health and then, sadly, their funeral. During our stay, I received the text with my Pfizer dates which, unfortunately i missed. Yesterday I called into Lo Marabu, where they took my details and this morning, I received a call with a time, today, for my first jab.

John, aged sixty nine and a quarter!

Sorry for your loss. Is that the Pfizer jab you’re having?

Don't know yet. We're all waiting outside 30 minutes overdue!
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Frankie15x » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:43 am

I am 67 had both jabs my partner 54 had her first one this morning in Orihuela
Excellent service and very helpful staff no waiting
Both had phizer
Frankie15x

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Chapparal

Postby DogReindeer » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:03 pm

@fiesta2

Not sure if it's standard policy yet but trials have been conducted which show the efficacy of mixing the vaccines:
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01359-3

This would be of immense benefit to people who have received a first dose of AZ given how much more effective the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines are against both the Alpha and Delta variants.

Given how poorly AZ have been in meeting delivery commitments it makes sense that this approach be adopted both scientifically and operationally.
DogReindeer

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Glassfull » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:03 pm

AnnetteD wrote:Sorry for your loss. Is that the Pfizer jab you’re having?

I neglected to ask but, I’m assuming it was Pfizer as, I have a date for my second shot in three weeks
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby fiesta2 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:18 pm

:text-goodpost:
DogReindeer wrote:@fiesta2

Not sure if it's standard policy yet but trials have been conducted which show the efficacy of mixing the vaccines:
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01359-3

This would be of immense benefit to people who have received a first dose of AZ given how much more effective the Pfizer/Moderna vaccines are against both the Alpha and Delta variants.

Given how poorly AZ have been in meeting delivery commitments it makes sense that this approach be adopted both scientifically and operationally.
fiesta2

Which part of Spain are you from?: la fiesta II

Postby Graham_Lynn » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:25 pm

It seems that only the 60-65 age group have been given AZ. Even though they extended the age group to 69, everyone I’ve spoken to in the 66-69 group has not been given AZ. I read that the key workers who were given AZ when it was approved for their age group are to be given the choice for the second jab. There’s still over three weeks before the 60-65 group are due for their 2nd jab so it’s still a lottery as to what will happen
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby AnnetteD » Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:30 pm

Glassfull wrote:
AnnetteD wrote:Sorry for your loss. Is that the Pfizer jab you’re having?

I neglected to ask but, I’m assuming it was Pfizer as, I have a date for my second shot in three weeks

Yes sounds like it’s Pfizer.
AnnetteD

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

PreviousNext