Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Help please to calculate 90 days in 180 days.

Re: Help please to calculate 90 days in 180 days.

Postby Neradd » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:50 pm

PGA wrote:
RH1 wrote:The basic query we have is - can one end the first set of 90 days on say 31 December and remain in Spain without flying home to start the new cycle of 90 days (in the next 180) on 1st January 2022?

You keep referring to calendar years. The 180 days start on the date you arrive in the EU.

No PGA
180 days started 180 days ago. Its what they have done in the last 180 days that determine how long they can stay from the day they arrive.
If the OP has not been in Europe in the last 180 days, the day they arrive is day 1 of their 90, not day 1 of 180
Neradd

Which part of Spain are you from?: Marquesa

Postby RH1 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:35 pm

Thanks for the info - the legislation hopefully allows Schengen travellers to commence a new allocation of 180 days as they complete their previous 180 day period - so splitting arrival dates ie first 60 days - then 90 day absence would allow folks to use their final 30 days and NOT to have to travel back and out again to start their next 180 day allowance.....
RH1

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Wabryce » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:40 pm

What i intend to do is go for 30 days , back to UK for 30 days, repeat this throughout the year, this will allow you to spend 6 months of the year in Spain. I know this doesn’t work for those people that like to spend winter months in Spain.
Wabryce

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby KarenCouzens » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:23 pm

Once you have been for 90 days in 180, you can't come back for 90 days. Coming every other month will not work out
KarenCouzens

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales, Alicante

Postby TonTri » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:06 pm

KarenCouzens wrote:Once you have been for 90 days in 180, you can't come back for 90 days. Coming every other month will not work out

Yes you can. For example if you come out for 30 days in Jan, 30 in March and 30 in May, your next 30 is July by which time the 30 days you spent here in January are more then 180 days ago so you would only have been here 60 days out of 180. It's because the 180 days are rolling.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Neradd » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:16 pm

Sorry KarenCouzens you are Wrong.

Wabryce is 100% correct but may have to tweak trips by a couple of days.

Will you please look at the Schengen Calculator on my previous post.
Then scroll to the bottom and read what it's says.

Copied and pasted for everyone's Benefit.

90/180 Schengen Visa Rule
The 180-day period keeps rolling. Therefore, anytime you wish to enter the Schengen, you just have to count backwards the last 180 days, and see if you have been present in the Schengen for more than 90 days throughout that period.

Not My words,
Not my Opinion,
Not my interpretation, understanding or a repeated quote from an "expert" Bar Room Lawyer...

The Words are Copied and pasted from the bottom of the Schengen web page.

You can read and interpritate them how you choose.
This debate has gone on since January.
Still we get different points of view when the official information is there.
Neradd

Postby Paul Uden » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:23 pm

Neradd wrote:There is no such thing as a rigid 180 days.
The 180 day period never ends. Its a rolling 180 days.
In other words how many days have you spent in the EU in the last 180 days counting back from today.
And when next Saturday comes it would be how many days have you spent in the EU counting back from next Saturday.

It is difficult to get your head round at first.
But try to remember 180 days started not the day you arrive in Europe, but 180 days before you entered Europe. (So, how many days have you been here in the last 180) And, 180 days never ends
Try the calculator

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/visa-calculator/

:text-goodpost: Easily the simplest way to understand it, but if you are still struggling use the official calculator because there is a lot of incorrect advice in circulation.
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Bee » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:35 am

This is by far the easiest calculator to use. It's default is United States but you can change it to any country. It tells you when you can visit again and you can add journeys and delete them. Click Get Started Now and then Add a New Travel Record and input dates. You can keep adding dates. You then submit your schedule and it tells you if you are within or outside the 90/180 rule. If you want to change around dates hit the Delete or Modify button at the end of the process. You can log in to save your schedule.

https://schengen-calculator.com

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Neradd » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:35 am

Bee wrote:This is by far the easiest calculator to use. It's default is United States but you can change it to any country. It tells you when you can visit again and you can add journeys and delete them. Click Get Started Now and then Add a New Travel Record and input dates. You can keep adding dates. You then submit your schedule and it tells you if you are within or outside the 90/180 rule. If you want to change around dates hit the Delete or Modify button at the end of the process. You can log in to save your schedule.

https://schengen-calculator.com

Bee

And the important Paragraph in the Calculator Bee has provided is hidden halfway down the page just as it is in the link I gave.

This is The Most Important Paragraph

The calculation, is based on a “rolling” 180 days from the date of entry. This means on any given day, you need to look back to the previous 180 days, and you must not have stayed in the Schengen zone for more than 90 days in that period, including entry and exit dates.

Remember that paragraph and you wont go far wrong.
Neradd

Previous