Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Internet and emails from uk

Internet and emails from uk

Postby Jonnno » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:11 pm

Internet and emailing advice/info needed

When I first moved to Spain around 2006 I continued to get my Internet via uk. So I have an email account from uk.

Then Google came along and gave us free email addresses. I still pay for uk Internet via Talk Talk.

If Google is providing it free is there any reason I should continue with it? If I cancel Talk Talk will all IT just stop?
Jonnno

Which part of Spain are you from?: Marquesa

Re: Internet and emails from uk

Postby David Stokes » Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:00 pm

You can connect to your gmail on any internet connection in any country.
David Stokes

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Ron Hill » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:22 am

These are 2 separate issues. Firstly, your e mail address can be used anywhere and with any Internet connection. Secondly if you cancel Talk Talk you will still need an Internet connection supplied by someone to access the Internet and use e mail etc I assume your Talk Talk account is at your address in UK if that is so and you now live in Spain you could cancel Talk Talk in UK if you don't use it and just have an Internet connection in Spain. Your e mail address goes with you and is not connected to the Internet provider
Ron Hill

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Ron Hill » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:22 am

These are 2 separate issues. Firstly, your e mail address can be used anywhere and with any Internet connection. Secondly if you cancel Talk Talk you will still need an Internet connection supplied by someone to access the Internet and use e mail etc I assume your Talk Talk account is at your address in UK if that is so and you now live in Spain you could cancel Talk Talk in UK if you don't use it and just have an Internet connection in Spain. Your e mail address goes with you and is not connected to the Internet provider
Ron Hill

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Babu » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:10 am

I'm a tad confused as to how Talk Talk provide your internet connection in Spain?

If you mean you still have a property in UK that they supply an internet connection to, obviously cancelling that will stop the internet to that property but not necessarily the TalkTalk email acct. Most ISP's like TalkTalk, BT or Sky provide you with free email accts along with your broadband account but will still keep your email acct open for free if you use it within so many days/times in a Month or so when you leave (they have details in their T's&C's) or you can pay a few quid a month to keep it going regardless.

If you mean you have been paying for the email acct to continue after closing the internet connection when you moved to Spain then you can stop paying and that's it.
Babu

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso