Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Music bars

Music bars

Postby John1234 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:20 pm

Does anyone know why the bars around Quesada are not playing live music when those in Orihuela costa are

I understand there is a meeting tomorrow at the civic centre where senior police officers from the regional police are discussing live music in the area does anyone know anything about this
John1234

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Music bars

Postby Graham_Lynn » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:23 pm

The mayor from Orihuela (Costa) has always allowed professional live music. He had a different interpretation of the laws ;)
Much to the annoyance of other local areas ie Villamartin and numerous local entertainers.
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby lexia » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:56 pm

Because most of the Bar’s don’t have the appropriate premises to qualify for licenses.
lexia

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Martin the artist » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:14 am

I saw that they were holding an open meeting about the laws & restrictions etc. concerning music in bars soon - or may have just happened.
I believe that generally outdoor music licences are not granted except for one-off occasions and indoor music has to have adequate soundproofing etc complying with architects recommendations before they get licence and musicians also need to be licenced.
Martin the artist

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Wolfie » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:38 am

We haven't had any music in bars in Montesinos for years now as one, yes one person complained. When the mayor was approached about it he said that if only one person makes a complaint then he has to stop it. So much for democracy.
Wolfie