Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

PRC Testing

PRC Testing

Postby PatriciaK » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:56 pm

Hi can anyone advise where we can get a PCR test locally and the cost? Thanks
PatriciaK

Re: PRC Testing

Postby LizzyW56 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:12 pm

If you are going back to the UK you only need an antigen test NOT a PCR test (it is about half the price). I believe the farmacia at El Raso does it.
LizzyW56

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Postby Rokhsareh_s » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:29 am

Yes, the antigen test will be fine & as the other member recommended El Raso farmacia does it for €40. Please make sure u have cash as they don't accept card & the ATM outside charges €5 if u withdraw €40 cash.
I booked my appointment through their facebook & they gave me the certificate 30 mins after the test. U need to have ur passport with u as well.
Rokhsareh_s

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby PatriciaK » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:40 am

Thank you everyone for your assistance.
PatriciaK

Postby wilbhoy67 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:07 am

El Raso is booked solid for 2 weeks. Best go to IMED behind Habaneras for a €40 walk in test, results in 20 mins. No appointment necessary.

9am-2pm. 4pm-6pm.
wilbhoy67

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Luis

Postby djw » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:12 am

Sanysa clinic in almoradi also does tests for the same price as el raso. Its near mercadona on calle mayor. They speak english too.
djw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Daya nueva

Postby Happyvic » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:03 am

I have just booked at IMED Torrevieja on line the Antigen test €40, you can choose from the dates and time slots available there are many available.

This IMED is to the left of the WOK Chinese at Centro Commercial Ozone opposite Habaneros shopping centre.

PatriciaK wrote:Hi can anyone advise where we can get a PCR test locally and the cost? Thanks
Happyvic

Which part of Spain are you from?: Vistabella Golf

Postby hamish258 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:42 pm

Hey folks, heading out to sort out my house for the first time in 18 months, only there 2 weeks and the testing requirements for flying back to Scotland are:

Suitable tests include:
- a nucleic acid test, including a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test or derivative technologies, including loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) tests
- an antigen test, such as a test from a lateral flow device, though many lateral flow devices may not meet the standards needed – you must check the test you buy meets standards of ≥97% specificity and ≥80% sensitivity at viral loads above 100,000 copies/ml

Anybody know if the antigen tests being discussed above meet these standards please?
hamish258

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Chaparral

Postby Rokhsareh_s » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:35 am

The antigen test is only accepted if u are Spanish resident. Othereise PCR test must be done.
Rokhsareh_s

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Graham_Lynn » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:28 am

Rokhsareh_s wrote:The antigen test is only accepted if u are Spanish resident. Othereise PCR test must be done.

No the antigen is all the OP needs, he is talking about returning to Scotland and yes the tests all conform to those parameters.

Day 2 and Day 8 tests are booked and paid for online.

Not sure what date you are returning, but keep an eye out as I’m sure Scotgov rule changes are imminent.
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Next