Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Help with coming on Holiday

Help with coming on Holiday

Postby Fireproof » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:29 am

Morning guys, sorry to be asking previous questions but I’m still find this whole Covid testing malarkey a minefield. Now we are both double jabbed and arrive on 3rd August staying in Quesada. Am I right in thinking I only need to fill out my locator form and show proof of our NHS Covid jabs to enter Spain ? Then on the last 2-3 days of leaving Spain we take a predepature test which can be bought at Imed? Then on our 2nd day back at home we test again ? It’s just so confusing the government making it so ackward pretty sure they still don’t want us to travel. Thanks in advance Fireproof
Fireproof

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Help with coming on Holiday

Postby Kenbo » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:40 am

Hi Fireproof, you don't say where you are flying from but I will assume England.

I am currently in Spain and your understanding of the requirements is right but just to add that you will also need to fill in a locator form to come back to the uk and your Day 2 test URN needs to go on this locator form.
I bought the day 2 test online whilst in Spain and will fill in my uk locator form on Sunday for our flight home on Tuesday.
Ken
Kenbo

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Florida

Postby Fireproof » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:48 am

Kenbo wrote:Hi Fireproof, you don't say where you are flying from but I will assume England.

I am currently in Spain and your understanding of the requirements is right but just to add that you will also need to fill in a locator form to come back to the uk and your Day 2 test URN needs to go on this locator form.
I bought the day 2 test online whilst in Spain and will fill in my uk locator form on Sunday for our flight home on Tuesday.
Ken

Thank you for replying Ken yes we are from Devon, England. Thank you for letting us know the extra info, it’s just so complex. The UK are offering tests by Randox at the cost of around £85 for predepature and day 2, I guess this is also done online as proof your actually taking them properly.
Fireproof

Postby Kenbo » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:59 am

Yes you buy your tests online and ours have been shipped to our address in the uk whilst we are still here in Spain, you take the test at home, their is a serial number on the vial, register it online with the company that you bought it from and then, depending upon who you are using, pop it in a local drop box or Royal Mail.

Just a point about the Randox package that you have mentioned, is that pre departure from Spain or the UK ? As there is no requirement for one to depart the UK.

If it is Spain then I think that this may be done via a video link whilst you are still in Spain, that may be a faff that you would want to avoid, I know that I would.
Ken
Kenbo

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Florida

Postby Kingy0 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:38 am

I used Dante labs for our return tests. They are advertising the day 2 test for £49 and that includes the postage, some I looked at added £35 postage to the quoted 'cheap' test at the final checkout! For us Dante worked very well the tests were delivered before we got home and you return them via Royal Mail in a priority post box.
Kingy0

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby Fireproof » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:24 am

Kenbo wrote:Yes you buy your tests online and ours have been shipped to our address in the uk whilst we are still here in Spain, you take the test at home, their is a serial number on the vial, register it online with the company that you bought it from and then, depending upon who you are using, pop it in a local drop box or Royal Mail.

Just a point about the Randox package that you have mentioned, is that pre departure from Spain or the UK ? As there is no requirement for one to depart the UK.

If it is Spain then I think that this may be done via a video link whilst you are still in Spain, that may be a faff that you would want to avoid, I know that I would.

Ken

Perfect this has put my mind at rest, hopefully we can chill now and explore the area more. Cheers Ken
Fireproof

Postby Fireproof » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:25 am

Kingy0 wrote:I used Dante labs for our return tests. They are advertising the day 2 test for £49 and that includes the postage, some I looked at added £35 postage to the quoted 'cheap' test at the final checkout! For us Dante worked very well the tests were delivered before we got home and you return them via Royal Mail in a priority post box.

Just checked that site out looks the best so far. This one looks to be promising thanks
Fireproof

Postby Caz59 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:41 pm

It would be easier to get your pre departure test in the area, you’ll then get your results within 20 minutes. I don’t know how it would work with postal ones.
Caz59

Postby Fireproof » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:52 pm

Caz59 wrote:It would be easier to get your pre departure test in the area, you’ll then get your results within 20 minutes. I don’t know how it would work with postal ones.

Yes we will be doing that now, going to Imed for predepature test but will order the Dante labs before we go so we have the tests ready to Rock on the return.
Fireproof

Postby RJC » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:55 am

Dante labs - Trustpilot - mixed reviews - high proportion of bad reviews.
RJC