Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Businesses in Ciudad Quesada

Businesses in Ciudad Quesada

Postby MickWend » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:44 pm

Hi there.

Hope everyone is safe. Regular visitor to Quesada and really hope to get back their soon. Can anyone shed any light on impact on the businesses such as shops and restaurants. Fingers crossed they have all been able to get through this extremely difficult period.

Many thanks

Mick
MickWend

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Businesses in Ciudad Quesada

Postby marcliff » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:32 pm

Some bars and restaurants have closed permanently and I think I counted four that had ceased trading. Possibly more but that's all I've seen.

Businesses open and close in Quesada on a regular basis. Not sure if any have closed for the covid reason and some, estate agents notably, have built new buildings and offices in the last 6 months or so and so someone is doing well.

Some British shops are struggling due to lack of supplies from UK and a lot of the previous goods are now coming from Ireland or are the same as things you can buy in Spanish shops.

In the area, we've had a new petrol station opened recently, a Burger King and, just up the road in Benijofar, a new commercial centre with several restaurants, shops and a McDonalds.

A couple of shops in the Quesada Boulevard have changed hands in the last year or so. A couple still with available to rent on them but that's pretty normal.

Places, in the last week or so, seem busier during the day and early evening but still fairly quiet later in the evening. The places in the very centre look quite busy but some just a short distance from the centre not so busy.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby CliffD » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:30 pm

Great update, thank you
CliffD

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marquesa

Postby MickWend » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:05 pm

Really appreciate that response and the comprehensive detail thank you
MickWend

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada