Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Electricity changes from 1/6/21

Re: Electricity changes from 1/6/21

Postby Qnapper » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:32 am

Chrisdee wrote:How do they know your income and if you're poor. I went into the Iberdrola office and they checked my bill and said I would stay on the contract I'm already on the day and night tariff. That was the best plan for us apparently ?

Because as I stated....... listed as "poor" (in UK on the dole) State Public Employment Service (SEPE) in Spain they know........
Qnapper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Jacarilla

Postby BNT162b2 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:40 pm

As an aside - does anyone have any experience of changing to the "PVPC" rate direct with Iberdrola, as mentioned in the blurb I've received below?

Is it bunkum?!

"
We constantly hear people complaining that electricity is expensive in Spain. Social media is full of posts about the high cost of electric and requests for advice about the cheapest provider.  

Well here is everything you need to know, how to reduce your bill and get the best possible deal on the market.

Understanding your electricity bill and knowing the correct tariff to sign up for is the key to save money.  3 key reasons for high electricity bills :

You are signed up for an expensive tariff, without even knowing.  You are paying hidden extras, insurances and services you never use.  You do not understand your bill, it all looks like gobbledygook.

If you think that you fall into any of the above traps, then read on…

Surprise surprise, contrary to what some people believe, IBERDROLA is the cheapest provider. You just have to know what to look for!  

If your contract is with IBERDROLA CLIENTES (they’re the folk that IBERDROLA employ to run the high street points and the pop up stands in shopping centres and supermarkets), it is a FIXED price. IBERDROLA CLIENTES is similar to a franchise, which is called a “Marketeer” here in Spain. It’s a facility set up with several options for their customers including insurance policies and multiple language services.

If you have switched to another provider. Initially, you get a honeymoon period with a slightly better deal, but you will probably end up paying more in the long run. Ultimately, you are just paying a third party to pay IBERDROLA as they own the whole infrastructure in this area.

Get Smart – how your smart meter can save you money.  

Enter the new Variable Price for the Small Consumer (PVPC) now available direct from IBERDROLA, but this tariff is not available through IBERDROLA CLIENTES.

With the introduction of smart meters throughout Spain, consumers can take advantage of the real time fluctuating cost of producing electricity which is fixed daily by the government. Basically, you can cut out the marketeers.

Go compare : 

The PVPC tariff is a basic contract with no extras, no thrills and no add ons.

Typical rates for the PVPC with the new 2.0TD tariff per kWh:

Peak : 13.2 cents ( 8 hours per day during the working week)  Flat : 4.0 cents (8 hours per day during the working week) and off peak 2.0 cents (8 hours per day during the working week, all weekend and national holidays (these figures are based on our June 2021 invoice).

Compare the rates with IBERDROLA CLIENTES Night Plan per kWh

Peak : 21 cents. Off Peak : 12 cents (fixed for 12 months)

The bottom line

The PVPC tariff provides the lowest rates available on the market.

Cut out the marketeers and see big savings on your electricity bill.
"
BNT162b2

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby jpeg » Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:11 pm

I remember posting that a couple of months ago
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby BNT162b2 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:56 pm

jpeg wrote:I remember posting that a couple of months ago

Ah - sorry. Didn't realize.
BNT162b2

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby xcaliber » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:11 am

We will be taking posession of our new build in September and need to sort out utilities (water and electricity). We have read about the possible advantage of signing up for the "PVPC" rate direct with Iberdrola.

Has anyone done this and what has been their experience - have they seen a change in their bills (higher or lower!).

Also if taking out a regular contract (not PVPC) any suggestions on what we should watch out for would be appreciated?
Many thanks
xcaliber

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pilar de la Horadada

Postby Mike B » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:19 pm

My electric bills have always been between 90 and 125€ a month depending on the time of the year, July bill was 255€, August was 192€ and Sept was 225€, when I went to the Guardamar office, a really obnoxious woman informed me my kw usage had doubled ????????????????? cant get online as my new password application gets rejected. Im seriously thinking of changing supplier, any recommendations folks.
Mike B

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Rojales.

Postby jpeg » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:06 pm

my bill has gone dow by third
jpeg

Postby marcliff » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:47 pm

jpeg wrote:my bill has gone dow by third

Mine too. The pick your own 8 hours and others have stayed the same rate but the reduction in IVA is kicking in.

For July and August they were around 78 euro per month and last year about 90 (aircon).
For September, with just aircon for the first week, down to 59.42 compared with 83 last year.

June, when the new rates kicked in, just 47.62 whereas the month before was 78. 45.

That's a 3 bed, all electric semi with just the two of us.

Maybe someone who has switched could post theirs for comparison.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby willemite » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:50 pm

Hi I’ve been on the day/night tariff for years and still on this system.
We were not changed to the new system, but to make sure we popped into Iberdrola to enquire and signed a new contract to safeguard my night/day tariff. Maybe it worth while calling in and checking different system and sign a new contract.
Take a recent bill and updated pardon, TIE.
willemite

Which part of Spain are you from?: catral

Postby jpeg » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:19 pm

Just received the bill from Iberdrola for last month it is for 32 days and for 68 euros which is about half what I have normally paid and I have had the aircon on .
jpeg

PreviousNext