Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Have you taken a Covid test before travelling to/from Spain?

Keep up to date with all the latest announcements

Have you taken a Covid test before travelling to/from Spain?

Postby Alex » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:40 pm

We've had lots of posts asking for advice on how and where to get covid tests before travelling to/from Spain and I would like to compile a list of these suppliers so we can help others.

Please help by replying to this topic - please only reply if you can help with the answers to the below. For general discussion please use other topics.

Please let me know:

• Where you received the test (location and contact details etc)
  • What type of test it was (PCR / Lateral flow / Antigen etc)
  • Cost of the test
  • Was it for travelling to or from Spain?
  • Whether you had any problems using it for travel?
I'm putting a list together of your answers on the following topic:

Alex
Site Admin

Re: Have you taken a Covid test before travelling to/from Sp

Postby Alex » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:38 pm

Please feel free to reply with details of the above.
Alex
Site Admin

Postby Farmer mike » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:32 pm

We were struggling to find a place that wasn’t fully booked for 3 weeks ahead this week and found the clinic at the end of Los Montesinos before the roundabout a right turn by the bar. 40 euro Antigen. 110 euro for PCR and no booking wait.
Farmer mike

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Quesadamum » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:42 am

Coming to Spain :
We used Collinson drive through LAMP test for unvaccinated teenagers. Chose this over PCR as results quicker. Was £66 using airline codes & results in 50 mins

Returning to UK:
We ordered in UK and brought with us antigen tests we take ourselves. £25 each from Livingcare. Results back in seconds. VERY easy to do and no worry about finding somewhere to go or book anywhere.

Day 2 tests
We used Randox £43, but hear Expert Medical are cheaper now at £28. Both issue the codes you need for the PLF immediately. However both are hit & miss for results , Randox slightly better.

We brought the free NHS tests with us & have tested twice whilst we’ve been here too.
Quesadamum

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Babu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:06 am

Flew to UK Friday, booked pre flight test at El Raso Pharmacy weeks before ( Lateral Flow €40 cash only) and Day 2 test with Randox ( PCR £43).
You need the confirmation code from your day 2 provider before you can complete the UK tracker form.

Pre-flight test at El Raso - took about 3 minutes, result email came through within 2 hours. If they are fully booked, try puppy dog eyes with them, saw a couple get "fitted in" via that method :D . If that doesn't work, they try to fit you in at their Guardamar office (about 20 yards from the Nan Kin Restaurant), where you can also pay by card . .

Day2 with Randox - Test kit arrived via tracked delivery via DPD on same day I landed (my wife's one "got lost" between Randox & DPD, after a snotty email it miraculously arrived the next day. . Its a standard test method, you package it up and post in one of their drop boxes ( check where your nearest one is as they can be in obscure villages rather than a larger town!) Result came via email the next day.
Babu

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Sue.lince » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:46 pm

Has anyone flew from Alicante to Canary Islands? What tests are required?
Sue.lince

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada