Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Greenlands Lawn Bowls Club

Greenlands Lawn Bowls Club

Postby Glassfull » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:20 pm

Greenlands Lawn Bowls Club at Greenlands Sport Club, Los Montesinos, Alicante, are looking forward to the new season's competitions and will be fielding the MAXIMUM number of teams in ALL of this winter's programmes.

We hold extensive Coaching and, Professional Skills Development Courses, to support and enhance our squad. And, with a new carpet, scheduled to be laid this season, we can offer both the experienced and novice bowler the perfect environment to improve their game.

New Members always welcomed. PM if you are interested in looking at the facilities

20210819171422.jpg

1010131.jpg

1010129.jpg
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Re: Greenlands Lawn Bowls Club

Postby Vixen14 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:15 pm

I be interested in playing and my husband we never played but love to learn. How much does it cost please
Vixen14

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Pensionista » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:24 pm

We are interested. We lnow the rudiments but could do with some coaching. What day/s do you coach please?
Pensionista

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera del Segur

Postby Bhoy1967 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:14 pm

Whilst Greenlands is undoubtedly a nice setting with nice bar etc, the green and playing surface must be one of the worst in the area, hopefully when they get a new carpet, they will repair the underlying problems. Then they would be the place to join. But until then NO.
Bhoy1967

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijotar

Postby Glassfull » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:37 pm

Bhoy1967 wrote:Whilst Greenlands is undoubtedly a nice setting with nice bar etc, the green and playing surface must be one of the worst in the area, hopefully when they get a new carpet, they will repair the underlying problems. Then they would be the place to join. But until then NO.

Bhoy1967 wrote:Whilst Greenlands is undoubtedly a nice setting with nice bar etc, the green and playing surface must be one of the worst in the area, hopefully when they get a new carpet, they will repair the underlying problems. Then they would be the place to join. But until then NO.

I cannot deny that the playing surface is not the best but, I would argue that it's not the worst in the League either. And, as stated above, it is getting replaced. However, whereas some clubs do have a newer carpet they do not have a programme of improvement courses, skills courses or, in some cases, sufficient players to compete in all the competitions over the Winter. For players that want to compete at all levels, Greenlands can offer them the opportunity.
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Bhoy1967 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:10 pm

Fair comment, for sure if playing surface and "funny lines" are repaired, then I would defiantly think about joining or playing there more often.
San Luis, is the same. Our group play at all the near clubs. El Rancho, Greenlands, San Luis, and La Siesta. Quesada is by far the best playing surface, but facilities are a bit to be desired.
Bhoy1967

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijotar