Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

COVID travelling to Spain from the UK via France

COVID travelling to Spain from the UK via France

Postby larryinplymouth » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:36 am

I have read the discussion via Alex on What you need when travelling to Spain from the UK - however I need to clarify what is required with regards to certificates/Docs etc for travelling through france then onto Spain. We normally complete the trip in 2 days travelling from Roscoff overnight then straight to Bayonne, thereafter to Lo Crispin.... Even the UK Gov't web site is ambiguous..... has anyone else completed a similar trip recently and able to advise? Looking forward to chilling out in our respite in the sun after an 19 month stint of non-stop work.
larryinplymouth

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Re: COVID travelling to Spain from the UK via France

Postby Dieselburner » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:18 am

larryinplymouth wrote:I have read the discussion via Alex on What you need when travelling to Spain from the UK - however I need to clarify what is required with regards to certificates/Docs etc for travelling through france then onto Spain. We normally complete the trip in 2 days travelling from Roscoff overnight then straight to Bayonne, thereafter to Lo Crispin.... Even the UK Gov't web site is ambiguous..... has anyone else completed a similar trip recently and able to advise? Looking forward to chilling out in our respite in the sun after an 19 month stint of non-stop work.

On checking the websites, I was confused as to what happened at the French/Spanish border. There were different rules for France than Spain, so I calculated the whole costs including tolls, fuel, tunnel or ferry at each route available, the best, although £125,00 more expensive on a return trip, was the route Plymouth to Santander. I booked before the rules to france were updated.!..
I am now aware that as you can travel on Amber to France once in France you can transit over the border into Spain, without any issues, you may be stopped by border control and your paperwork checked, maybe even a temperature check but you should be ok. So you now need to check the UK -France rules and abide by them. Do look at the ferry to Bilbao and Santander though, I’m on it this coming Sunday.
If not remember your return to UK requires a test no later than 72 hours before you travel. If you do it in Spain leave enough time to get to your departure point or research where you can get a test in France near your departure day.. timing is key.. it’s crazy I know, I’m taking 2 packs of LFTs from the NHS with me just to do my own tests while in Quesada, then getting the fit to travel the day before we sail back then driving for 6 hours to towards Santander, staying overnight and driving to the port in the Morning!
It’s been very expensive, but once we are in the pool it will be worth it.. enjoy your trip, when are you setting off?
Dieselburner

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada2

Re: COVID travelling to Spain from the UK via France

Postby glen.monks » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:25 pm

Drove across border couple of days ago spent few nights in France
Nobody on the border
glen.monks

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesad