Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

day 2 testing

day 2 testing

Postby Littlechris » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:46 pm

MY WIFE GOES BACK TO THE UK NEXT WEEK.HER FRIEND TELLS HER THE DAY TWO TEST FROM EXPERT MEDICALS HAS ARRIVED AT HER HOME.BUT WITH THEM BEEN TAKEN OF THE GOVERMENTS LIST WILL IT STILL BE ACCEPTED BY THE AIRLINES.ANYONE RETURNED LATELY WITH A TEST FROM EXPERT MEDICALS
Littlechris

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: day 2 testing

Postby djw » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:09 pm

https://www.gov.uk/cma-cases/pcr-travel-tests

This says that they are under investigation so it's unclear whether they have done anything wrong yet. That said if it was me travelling back after ordering the tests I would try and put the code on the locator form before ordering a new test. Of course you can only do this within 2 days of travelling back. If you have to order a test in that short time you get an immediate code from randox.
djw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Daya nueva

Postby Paul M » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:42 pm

Just used Expert Medical last week, no problem at all. The government don’t care who you test with as long as you pay and they get the VAT. It’s just a box ticking exercise. You’re only paying for a reference number to put on your locator form so go for the cheapest.

That said, we actually had test kits deliver by DPD and also got test results back 48 hours after posting back to EM. Was very surprised as we didn’t even expect to receive a test kit.
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby MacinSpain » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:23 am

Littlechris wrote:MY WIFE GOES BACK TO THE UK NEXT WEEK.HER FRIEND TELLS HER THE DAY TWO TEST FROM EXPERT MEDICALS HAS ARRIVED AT HER HOME.BUT WITH THEM BEEN TAKEN OF THE GOVERMENTS LIST WILL IT STILL BE ACCEPTED BY THE AIRLINES.ANYONE RETURNED LATELY WITH A TEST FROM EXPERT MEDICALS

Yes Expert Medical is still a legal valid company even though it is not on the government's approved list,my two daughters have used them one week ago and the latest flew back on Monday 4th Oct.
MacinSpain

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Littlechris » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:39 am

Thanks All.
Littlechris

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Mac3blade » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:39 am

Once you’ve completed your wife’s locator form, you’ll know if the ref number logged in has been accepted. I think it will.
If you can, print off the Locator form for simplicity. I’m slowly becoming sick of digital copies for airports. We flew home to NI yesterday snd at least 2 men were refused passage as they didn’t have proof of their vaccinations or couldn’t access it on their ‘phones. Our flight was 25 minutes late departing but the pilot made up time on our way home.
NO HOT FOOD or sandwiches available on our flight ( EasyJet). Sister flew home from Tenerife on Wednesday, NO HOT FOOD OR SANDWICHES either.
Pack some for your wife snd she can order a coffee at least. Otherwise, a lively flight.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca