Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Things not allowed into spain

Things not allowed into spain

Postby Pete31 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:11 pm

Hi jûst here's that the Spanish has said they are stopping people from taking certain things into Spain.anyone know what it is? Thanks.
Pete31

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entra Naranjos

Re: Things not allowed into spain

Postby nannyabroad » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:31 pm

Mince pies was one of them.
nannyabroad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby marcliff » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:50 pm

Meat, dairy or products containing them. Exemptions are some pet foods, babies milk and babies powdered milk but in restricted levels.

This is a link to the EU regulations.
Personal imports

Mince pies seem a bit silly but the pastry does contain butter.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby nannyabroad » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:09 pm

Totally agree Marcliff, but read that rubbish in an English paper, made me chuckle.
nannyabroad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby Ov3rdal3 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:44 am

In essence its any food (animal, plant or dairy) that had not been processed,
Ov3rdal3

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby shirlie anne » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:58 am

Hi ive just came back from scotland, brought back lurpack, dairy stuff, meat products, chocolates and dog treats all fine with jet2 x
shirlie anne

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby daz » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:06 am

Also I arrived back at Santander ferry, bags packed with all sorts of food stuff, in obvious bright coloured visible cool bags, no issues at all. I’ve just read the link above, looks like large weights of certains foods. So perhaps butties for travel and couple of 500g tubs of butter isn’t the issue then? especially when the same brands can be bought here locally anyway.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Darro » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:08 pm

shirlie anne wrote:Hi ive just came back from scotland, brought back lurpack, dairy stuff, meat products, chocolates and dog treats all fine with jet2 x

It's not an airlines job to police another countries rules on imports, you were lucky in not getting checked on arrival nothing more.

You may not be next time.

I haven't travelled for a while so don't know if landing cards and customs declarations have made a comeback since Jan 1st?
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby shirlie anne » Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:41 pm

Darro wrote:
shirlie anne wrote:Hi ive just came back from scotland, brought back lurpack, dairy stuff, meat products, chocolates and dog treats all fine with jet2 x

It's not an airlines job to police another countries rules on imports, you were lucky in not getting checked on arrival nothing more.

You may not be next time.

I haven't travelled for a while so don't know if landing cards and customs declarations have made a comeback since Jan 1st?

Cool lucky me then eh lol
shirlie anne

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby daz » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:41 pm

Not sure it is luck, we travelled via another ferry a couple of months ago. Once past passport control, parked up queueing, many people were out their cars, boots and tailgates wide open, cool bags so obvious to see by armed security staff patrolling around us on foot. Clear to see folks eating butties, one even had a wedge of cheese in her hand the size of a brick! I laughed and asked her about it, and she said despite several crossingd already this year, never had anything confiscated. And, it has been the same for me too, regardless of what foods anyone official has possibly seen in our vehicle. So despite it being a rule since jan the 1st, I’ve never read on any forum anywhere yet, that people in scores are having to throw away food. Also, I’ve been prepared to throw away food if they told us to, but it’s never caused me any issues yet.
Last edited by daz on Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Next