Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Have many forum members had Covid 19?

Re: Have many forum members had Covid 19?

Postby Harrylawnmower » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:16 am

20 days ago on Saturday 11th Dec my wife said to me that she couldn’t smell her perfume (alarm bells) we both home tested and sure enough she tested positive and myself negative but short lived as I tested positive on the Sunday ( we are both 68).My wife experienced coughing and as said loss of smell but was negative by the 18th, I experienced only coughing but did have one bad day, I also tested negative on the 18th. As soon as I told friends they rushed out and got tested but no one was positive. Throughout our time isolating at home I tried repeatedly to notify the health centre and hospital but they would only speak Spanish, I did set up a phone appointment but they never contacted us.
On Tuesday the 21st we both spent 2 hours queueing to get our booster from the hospital only to be told that as we recently had covid we needed to wait 4 weeks. Oh well, we are both ok and booster appointment is in January. We have absolutely no idea how we caught the virus, wrong place wrong time I guess.
Stay safe all.
Harrylawnmower

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby Angelaandstuart » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:46 am

I think that if you go out and sit in bars or restaurants, you are certain to pick it up at some point as I don’t think masks really do very much either indoors and certainly no use outdoors. I doubt you will get much useful information as in divulging the fact that one has had COVID, there is usually some busy body on the urb who will act like you have the Black Plague and go round telling everyone, especially if you were seen outside walking the dog! We both had it and it was just mild flu, we were both double vaxxed and a bit miffed that we still picked it up.
Angelaandstuart

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Finca Golf

Postby Graham_Lynn » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:28 am

If you speak to Spanish families there are very much keeping things very low key.
They are not going out for big family meals. Their Christmas Eve was spent with immediate family and they are doing the same for New Years Eve. They are trying to protect their families so the children can celebrate Three Kings as normally as possible. A lot of the little children caught covid just before they finished school for Christmas, so family celebrations were disjointed (as they were all over the world) so the families are hoping for just one “normal” celebration.
If you go out and about the true Spanish towns and villages are deserted.
We went into Guardamar for our boosters yesterday, the only places we saw people were in the park and in the queue for vaccinations. Maybe one or two sitting in the restaurants on the front, but It was like a ghost town. Yes I realise that places can be quiet at this time of year, but it had the same eerie feel to it as it did when we first came out of lockdown in 2020.
On the other hand the expat areas maybe slightly quieter than other times at Christmas/New Year but it seems as though it’s business as usual. Although in saying that, restaurants are experiencing many cancellations.

Lynn
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby billogs » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:24 pm

I would think that quite a few people have had covid without knowing it here in Spain because there is not the free constant testing that is available in the UK. My sister recently tested positive in the UK with only mild cold symptoms and her husband tested positive with no symptoms at all. It is only because they have access to free testing that they actually found out that they were positive.
billogs

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:28 pm

People in the UK are testing themselves at the drop of a hat and stock piling the kits when others who really need a test can't get a kit.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby MichaelC » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:44 pm

What is gained by test, test, test.

If you have symptoms you know and then get help. If you have no symptoms there is nothing to gain by testing, other than to increase testing and positive figures to encourage the continuation of this madness.

Covid is here to stay, people will get sick, people will die. The facts now however is its no worse than many other illnesses.

I think the worlds government's have all got themselves in a corner with covid and don't know how to get out of it, having been involved in the main pandemic.

Governments are now almost controlled by scientists these days, previously unknown people who are now household names and powerful. These people will not give that up easily. Likewise the heads of health services are also more powerful and influential than ever and some household names. This supported by the constant scaremongering of the press has made this continue to the point that no government knows how to get back to normal, whilst these new household names don't want to give up their new found fame and power.

I'm not anti vaccine, ive had all 3, neither am I against some restrictions. But I do believe the time has been reached where we just need to get on with it, be aware of risks, but also accept that with the vaccine programmes this virus is now no more a threat than many other illnesses and the world needs to start accepting that.

Once that happens the world will start rebuilding, economies start growing and people can get on with their lives.
MichaelC

Which part of Spain are you from?: QUESADA

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:55 pm

If you've got no symptoms you could still be infected,asymtonmatic?? and therefore spreading it
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Wolfie » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:01 pm

MichaelC wrote:What is gained by test, test, test.

If you have symptoms you know and then get help. If you have no symptoms there is nothing to gain by testing, other than to increase testing and positive figures to encourage the continuation of this madness.

Covid is here to stay, people will get sick, people will die. The facts now however is its no worse than many other illnesses.

I think the worlds government's have all got themselves in a corner with covid and don't know how to get out of it, having been involved in the main pandemic.

Governments are now almost controlled by scientists these days, previously unknown people who are now household names and powerful. These people will not give that up easily. Likewise the heads of health services are also more powerful and influential than ever and some household names. This supported by the constant scaremongering of the press has made this continue to the point that no government knows how to get back to normal, whilst these new household names don't want to give up their new found fame and power.

I'm not anti vaccine, ive had all 3, neither am I against some restrictions. But I do believe the time has been reached where we just need to get on with it, be aware of risks, but also accept that with the vaccine programmes this virus is now no more a threat than many other illnesses and the world needs to start accepting that.

Once that happens the world will start rebuilding, economies start growing and people can get on with their lives.

Wolfie

Postby Mac3blade » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:32 pm

My hairdresser tests herself daily thus ensuring that she isn’t going to infect any of her clients. I am going to a friend’s home tonight and my husband and I have tested ourselves and thankfully are negative. The other 2 couples also tested and are negative too. Yes, people are testing and testing and attempting to be responsible people. If they test positive , they contact all those people they have been in touch with. Those people in turn carry out tests and by doing so hope to stop the spread of the virus. It’s the best we can do at the moment.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby MichaelC » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:53 pm

The point is, is even if positive, the virus is so prevalent it will spread anyway.
Unless I am actually ill, I most certainly will not be testing for the sake of it.
I suspect many many others feel the same, especially those working. Test positive and you have to self isolate, so no work, no money. Don't test and you just get on with your life.
When will people accept this....
MichaelC

Which part of Spain are you from?: QUESADA

PreviousNext