Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Have many forum members had Covid 19?

Re: Have many forum members had Covid 19?

Postby Ireneinveraray » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:18 am

:text-thankyouyellow:
Alex wrote:Shiva and Glassfull - people are allowed to ask any questions they like as this is a friendly and open forum - please keep it that way!
Ireneinveraray

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Mac3blade » Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:34 pm

BohsPaul wrote:
Mac3blade wrote:I was speaking on the ‘phone yesterday with my friend in La Marina who tells me that her neighbours have now caught the virus and like everyone else have no way of reporting it. The tel number given is a Spanish recording and I’m told that it may ask for your Tel number but they never return the call. Clearly, numerous people are not being included in the daily numbers and never will be either. My friend’s husband ( asthmatic) was Very poorly when he had it. Wife ‘phoned surgery for help and after 4 days got antibiotics ( no return call ever)
Doctor promised a call a week after infection to have him PCR tested in Torrevieja but that never happened. I’m afraid the covid19 infections are higher but thankfully people seem to be able to manage. My brother in law ( NI) was prescribed antibiotics ( AMPICILLIN used for lungs and bladder problems) and had no after affects. I keep a packet in my drawer in Spain for any eventuality and have been very glad to have them. I’m not a doctor but I do self medicate if necesssry and as my husband has COPD I am aware that should he catch covid19, his lungs would be compromised so antibiotics will be on hand for that eventually.

It is the misuse and self medication of antibiotics that will eventually led to them been useless in the fight against bacterial infections. And when that happens covid will seem like small fry.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Mac3blade » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:52 pm

I’m no fool. I would never administer or take antibiotics unless absolutely necessary. Over the 20 years we’ve been visiting Spain and hardly knowing a soul, I’ve had to visit the chemist and seek advice when my husband was ill. several times I’ve ‘phoned dear friends at home for their medical advice and on occasion have ‘phoned my GP at home. I always respect antibi’s and complete the course. I was simply saying that forewarned is forearmed. You no longer can buy antibiotics is the pharmacies in Spain. A doctor’s prescription is required. No doctor, no prescription! I’m not leaving anything to chance.
Mac3blade

Postby Willow » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:54 am

We are in Ireland for the holidays, granddaughter tested positive day after we arrived, self isolated and pcr test.
We had to self isolate for five days .
Nobody else in the house got the virus.
We have been very careful while here haven’t been to see my sister or brother as it means getting public transport.
Not shopped or been in a pub or restaurant.
Strange times.
Back to Spain at the weekend, we don’t need to test but we will.
Test here expensive when you can get them.
Willow

Postby BohsPaul » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:01 pm

Mac3blade wrote:I’m no fool. I would never administer or take antibiotics unless absolutely necessary. Over the 20 years we’ve been visiting Spain and hardly knowing a soul, I’ve had to visit the chemist and seek advice when my husband was ill. several times I’ve ‘phoned dear friends at home for their medical advice and on occasion have ‘phoned my GP at home. I always respect antibi’s and complete the course. I was simply saying that forewarned is forearmed. You no longer can buy antibiotics is the pharmacies in Spain. A doctor’s prescription is required. No doctor, no prescription! I’m not leaving anything to chance.

We will just have to agree to disagree on the self medication of antibiotics . Hopefully you and your husband stay well and don't require them. Happy New Year to you and yours
BohsPaul

Postby Gustav » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:22 pm

Mac3blade wrote:I’m no fool. I would never administer or take antibiotics unless absolutely necessary. Over the 20 years we’ve been visiting Spain and hardly knowing a soul, I’ve had to visit the chemist and seek advice when my husband was ill. several times I’ve ‘phoned dear friends at home for their medical advice and on occasion have ‘phoned my GP at home. I always respect antibi’s and complete the course. I was simply saying that forewarned is forearmed. You no longer can buy antibiotics is the pharmacies in Spain. A doctor’s prescription is required. No doctor, no prescription! I’m not leaving anything to chance.

How can you say no doctor?
Dr Ballaster for one, you pay to see him if required, and if required he will write you a prescription.
Gustav

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Mac3blade » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:37 pm

That’s good to know but our house is in Torrevieja. We did see a doctor at Guardamar health centre a couple of years ago. No English but he examined my husband thoroughly and yes, prescribed antibiotics!

We are at home now watching the flurries of snow coming and going! Cold outside but very cosy inside. Christmas decorations mostly packed and stored until next year. A massive house clean required after the tree was removed.
I hope you are all well and enjoying the beautiful warm weather.
EasyJet have been targeting me for days now. Any more encouragement and I’d be ready to go again.
All the best to all of you. Cheers.
Mac3blade

Postby Mac3blade » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:21 am

Please provide DR BALLESTER’s tel number for future reference. How much does a consultation cost? Is it cash or credit card?
I presume he is based in Quesada. Please also attach his address.
Sincere thanks.
Mac3blade

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:30 am

Just Google Dr ballaster Quesada all details come up

Mac3blade wrote:Please provide DR BALLESTER’s tel number for future reference. How much does a consultation cost? Is it cash or credit card?
I presume he is based in Quesada. Please also attach his address.
Sincere thanks.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Previous