Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Have many forum members had Covid 19?

Have many forum members had Covid 19?

Postby Mac3blade » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:34 am

Reading posts daily and hearing that Covid is lurking around our beloved Costa, I was wondering how many forum members have had Covid 19.
In the past 6 months, I know many friends and family in the U.K. who have had it. One dear friend in particular was on a ventilator and intubated for over 3 months and is now in a rehabilitation hospital learning how to walk and use his left arm again. ( suffers from Lymphoma so a very vulnerable person. Fully vaccinated but foolishly believed he’d be ok. Apparently should never have been vaccinated at all as he isn’t capable of fighting the virus)
We have managed to avoid it but my sister abd hubby caught it during the summer and both fought it successfully. My daughter (London) and family caught it while staying in Center Parcs. Husband got long Covid ( asthmatic) still unwell. Friends in La Marina had it before Christmas abd both are now ok. John has asthma and it took him almost 4 weeks to feel better but seems fine now.
I’m keen to know how you people are if you have or haven’t had it.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Re: Have many forum members had Covid 19?

Postby KarenCouzens » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:43 pm

I got Covid 19 at the beginning in March 2020. I have asthma. I have long Covid & still struggling to breathe properly. Waiting appointment with pneumologist at Torrevieja hospital. Never felt well since.
KarenCouzens

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales, Alicante

Postby Mac3blade » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:50 pm

Really sorry to hear that Karen. Presumably, you weren’t vaccinated at that stage. It’s a dangerous virus but the jabs are certainly helping many of us.
Hope the consultant can help you. Happy New Year.
Mac3blade

Postby KarenCouzens » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:10 pm

Thank you. At the same time I had, a man on our Community had it & died. Also a very good friend of mine in UK got it & died.
KarenCouzens

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales, Alicante

Postby Shiva » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:22 pm

Mac3blade wrote:Reading posts daily and hearing that Covid is lurking around our beloved Costa, I was wondering how many forum members have had Covid 19...
To what purpose the question, and why are you " keen " to know? Any replies are obviously going to be anecdotal, what is it you really want to know? Reported case numbers can be found on the GVA valencia salut site, which, even if it is a few days behind the numbers, has the virtue of some objective definition...
Shiva

Postby Glassfull » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:25 pm

Shiva wrote:
Mac3blade wrote:Reading posts daily and hearing that Covid is lurking around our beloved Costa, I was wondering how many forum members have had Covid 19...
To what purpose the question, and why are you " keen " to know? Any replies are obviously going to be anecdotal, what is it you really want to know? Reported case numbers can be found on the GVA valencia salut site, which, even if it is a few days behind the numbers, has the virtue of some objective definition...

A pointless enquiry with only a morbid value to the OP
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Alex » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:58 pm

Shiva and Glassfull - people are allowed to ask any questions they like as this is a friendly and open forum - please keep it that way!
Alex
Site Admin

Postby HarvHar2018 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:06 pm

I've had it twice the first was worse than the second time although in the past I've felt worse with flu, the strangest symptoms that came around the 2nd time was the no taste or smell and the strange headache that i couldn't shift
Keep your face always towards the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you
HarvHar2018

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Mac3blade » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:33 am

I’m certainly not being morbid, Everyone who uses the forum knows what’s going on in England, Scotland,Wales,NI ,Rep of Ireland and any other country that provides statistics. I’d like to know first hand. All along through the various lockdowns we were led to believe that nobody in your area had COVID or maybe one or two. I’m interested to know if the people getting COVID are mostly Spanish. If not, what sort of care did anyone receive. Over here, we can’t attend a hospital with a family member or go to A&E with another person. Is it the same in Spain? We are now all being encouraged to carry out lateral flow tests and are provided with a box of 7 tests free of charge. If we are going anywhere socially, we all carry out the tests. Not going too far these days to be honest but had occasion before Christmas to test myself before joining some friends for lunch. Surely it isn’t a big secret if you’ve become infected. It’s important to know the situation should any of us choose to visit our homes in Spain.
Mac3blade

Postby dr.doolittle » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:46 am

I agree with Mac3blade, good question to be asked.
dr.doolittle

Next