Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Netflix

Re: Netflix

Postby marianna13 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:45 am

Many thanks for your original post Mac3blade - am always looking for viewing recommendations. I use a family member's Netflix account and always just see the Spanish version.
marianna13

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Lizzy » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:22 pm

Thanks for those recommendations! We are heavily into The Good Doctor!
Lizzy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Mac3blade » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:47 pm

Love The good doctor. Fantastic show.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby David Stokes » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:31 pm

marcliff wrote:
David Stokes wrote:

We watch Netflix on our son's account in the UK and therefore get all the UK stuff. We don't even need to use a proxy server/vpn.

It allows you to do that for a couple of months. Then it will start showing "What's new in Spain" and "Top 10 in Spain" etc.

We've been using my SiLs UK account and login for a couple of years now and it changed after a couple of months.

Strange, because that has not happened to us, and we have been using my son's account for 6 months or more.
David Stokes

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:51 pm

Has anybody watched Ted Lasso ? It's a series. we've watched all of them now and enjoyed them. Something nice, light and funny
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby marcliff » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:59 pm

David Stokes wrote:[

Strange, because that has not happened to us, and we have been using my son's account for 6 months or more.

We were expecting it to disappear altogether after 3 months but it has kept on going for over 2 years.
Just one day I selected Netflix and it suddenly gave "Popular in Spain today" and "Top 10 in Spain at the moment".

Amazon Prime is the one I pay for (less than half the cost from UK and gives free delivery) but that's a bit annoying as many of the good films are "Rent now" or "Buy now" at the same cost as the DVD would be.
For example, Wonder Woman 1984 is still coming up as Buy Now for €9.99 and I bought the DVD for €7.99 (not worth it, by the way).

I don't use a VPN on the telly.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby David Stokes » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:00 pm

marcliff wrote:
David Stokes wrote:[

We were expecting it to disappear altogether after 3 months but it has kept on going for over 2 years.
Just one day I selected Netflix and it suddenly gave "Popular in Spain today" and "Top 10 in Spain at the moment".

Amazon Prime is the one I pay for (less than half the cost from UK and gives free delivery) but that's a bit annoying as many of the good films are "Rent now" or "Buy now" at the same cost as the DVD would be.
For example, Wonder Woman 1984 is still coming up as Buy Now for €9.99 and I bought the DVD for €7.99 (not worth it, by the way).

I don't use a VPN on the telly.

I don't use the vpn on the telly either. I have Prime here too. Have used my son's prime uk subscription once, that was for the England v South Africa rugby. All main sports England internationals should be on terrestrial channels in my opinion.
David Stokes

Postby Willow » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:57 am

What exactly is a VNP is it legal , do you have to pay for it?
BTW I use daughters Netflix account and can only get it on bedroom tv, can use it on down stairs tv.
Prime is the same I have that in the lounge but can’t receive it in the bedroom???
I pay for prime and I have mt daughters password for Netflix.
Willow

Postby David Stokes » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:14 am

Willow wrote:What exactly is a VNP is it legal , do you have to pay for it?
BTW I use daughters Netflix account and can only get it on bedroom tv, can use it on down stairs tv.
Prime is the same I have that in the lounge but can’t receive it in the bedroom???
I pay for prime and I have mt daughters password for Netflix.

With a VPN (Virtual Private Network) you can route your internet connection via another country, UK say, and then BBC iplayer, Nexflix etc will think you are in that country. Also it adds security, so good to use with internet banking It is perfectly legal. I use Nordvpn which I have had for nearly 4 years and works brilliantly. It costs me less that £3 a month.If you google best vpn's you will find sites that compare all the reputable one's.
David Stokes

Postby Willow » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:38 pm

Thank you David
Willow

PreviousNext