Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

information about Cuidad Quesada

information about Cuidad Quesada

Postby Pepe Gomez » Sat May 21, 2022 10:17 am

Hello
I am very interested to come to live in Cuidad Quesada
Therefor I am seeking for information about the live in this place.
Is there anyone who can help me?
Pepe Gomez

Re: information about Cuidad Quesada

Postby cooper67 » Sat May 21, 2022 8:04 pm

its a great place to live there is everything you need shops bars places to ear entertainment golf the weather what more do you want flying out sunday cant wait out for 6 weeks so looking forward to it love the place
cooper67

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Graham_Lynn » Sat May 21, 2022 9:23 pm

What information are you looking for?
Between us all we can probably answer your questions, but we need a little more detail please.

Lynn
Graham_Lynn

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby mondo » Sun May 22, 2022 5:31 am

It's a bit vague to ask .."what is it like".. it is different things to different people..

It is better to ask specific questions.. there are many on here who are happy to help..

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Pepe Gomez » Sun May 22, 2022 9:48 am

Thnx... hereby my questions for information

1 are there many medical centers in cuidad quesada and what about hospitals? are they nearby?
2 is there much unemployment in cuidad quesada?
3 how about criminality? is it much? burglary in houses?
4 is the municipality active about performing public space projects
5 is the municipality financially healthy
6 can you tell me what the municipal taxes are for a year ?
7 are there drug problems and do there live many people outside Europe?
Pepe Gomez

Postby marcliff » Sun May 22, 2022 10:10 am

Pepe Gomez wrote:Thnx... hereby my questions for information

1 are there many medical centers in cuidad quesada and what about hospitals? are they nearby?
One main health centre, several private, 24 hour emergency in Rojales and about 20 minutes to the hospital in Torrevieja and about the same to Vega Baja.
2 is there much unemployment in cuidad quesada?
Doesn't seem to be.
3 how about criminality? is it much? burglary in houses?
Very low. Like everywhere, there is but seems to be opportunistic. People leaving doors open when out and so on. Just be careful if approached or shoved up against in shops.
4 is the municipality active about performing public space projects
Lots of festivals and shows around. Licences are required.
5 is the municipality financially healthy
Due to the high number of non residents, not as much as it should be. The regional government provides funds and lots of work has been done on roads and walkways in the centre.
6 can you tell me what the municipal taxes are for a year ?
Depends on the size of your property. There's a sticky link on here about IBI (council tax). My 3 bed terrace with 101 sq m inside is €240 a year.
7 are there drug problems and do there live many people outside Europe?
About 70% of residents are European, mainly north Europe. Most nationalities are represented in Quesada. Drug taking not a problems although I'm not looking so probably wouldn't notice. Only problem we've ever had was a load of French Moroccans who rented a house on the community but were quickly dealt with by the police. That was about 8 years ago.

Like most places, some problems getting funding, petty crime etc. The good thing is that it doesn't die off in Winter like a lot of places. Pretty busy all year round but, of course, gets extremely busy in Summer and other holidays but not overbearingly so like some of the places around. Many clubs to join from cards to dancing and other activities. Golf, petanca, cycling and so on depends on your interest.
We've been here for 14 years and 12 of those permanent. Love it here and, obviously the odd niggle but nothing serious. We've lived in 3 different places in the area (Villamartin, Torrevieaja and now here) and this is definitely the best except for the lack of public transport.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Pepe Gomez » Mon May 23, 2022 2:05 pm

Marcliff... thank you very much....

End of june or begin july will will be there to look around...
The plan is buying a house there...
If you have moore tips...let me know
Pepe Gomez

Postby marcliff » Mon May 23, 2022 2:37 pm

Use an independent solicitor. The one the agent advises will be working for them in the hope of further business.
May not be possible but look at the place at different times of the year. Some get like ghost towns in the Winter but absolutely packed in the Summer. Not such a problem in Quesada.
It might not be on your list but getting a small mortgage is advisable even if you pay it off quickly. Banks will ensure that there are no problems with the property before lending so it is a double check.
Don't believe everything the estate agents tell you. The may point out bus stops but there are no buses. See if there is any empty land around you. You may have good views at the moment but the number who have suddenly found huge blocks of flats or even supermarkets built in front of them is amazing. Plus all the noise when new construction is under way.

Some very steep places in Quesada, and I mean very steep. Nice going down but coming back can be a problem. We looked at one place where people had to put blocks under the car wheels in their own driveway.

Ask about community fees. Some can be very expensive especially if there are lifts and so on. IBI (council tax) can be very cheap but community fees can be several times that cost.

Apart from that, enjoy your search. There are some lovely areas but the last bit of advice is to get it right in the first place. Moving properties in Spain with the associated taxes can be very expensive.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Terry the gardener » Mon May 23, 2022 3:20 pm

The area you have
Marked is not quesada it is benimar, but close to quesada and not far to walk into town if you cut across near me ..or walk down hill into benimar or benijofar...bars and restaurants ect in both areas .would say the area is quite as away from the bars...near to the water park .
Terry the gardener

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada