Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

What is this area like?

Re: What is this area like?

Postby garyizme » Tue May 24, 2022 9:24 am

We have a holiday home in that area in Calle Rio Genil. Its a great area. We rented here long term before buying to check the area first. Nice and quiet. 15 minutes walk in either direction will get you to Quesada, Benijofar or Rojales so plenty of eating choices. 5 minutes to Mercadonna by foot or car. The aquapark is only open for a few of the busy months and you do hear the music but its normally finished by 7pm ish. A few people live full time and there is a mixture of nationalities but English is the one they all speak. We are over just now so if you want me to take a look at a particular time let me know.
garyizme

Which part of Spain are you from?: Atalaya Park

Postby Expat in Quesada » Tue May 24, 2022 9:28 am

geeeman wrote:I think a lot depends on what you like - I like things peaceful and to be left alone so I love the area but others may find it a little too quiet.

I know the area well and nothing but positive comments from me - It’s a nice spot. Central between Quesada high street, Benijofar, Benimar and Rojales - all walking distance (15 mins to Quesada high street). Small bar showing football 5 minutes walk away if that’s your thing.

It was chosen by my parents 10 years ago and I thought it was a bit too far from Quesada (my favourite out of the 4) but as I’m getting older and more relaxed I’m enjoying the walks more and think they got it spot on. Also would be a lot more expensive if it was closer.

I’d suggest having a car for big supermarket shop trips as it will be a trek with shopping but you don’t need one for day to day little things. Mercadona supermarket less than a 5 minute drive.

Quick car run to Guardamar beaches and half an out from many more. Close to motorway. Easy to get to from airport. It’s on the edge of the general large urbanisation (seem to lots of smaller urbanisations blending into one as the area is developed) which means you can quickly get to the bigger transport links rather than 5-10 minutes driving out of the local area.

A blend of residents and holiday homes.

Quiet but close enough to infrastructure.

Nice and safe.

There seems to be a few of the older residents who have been there 15 years or so moving on as old age takes its toll but that probably happens everywhere.

Yes you can hear the aqua park during the day but it’s only open 2 or 3 months a year and it’s not an offensive noise - just kids having fun and it isn’t too loud.

Charlotte is a very thorough conveyancer and you’re in good hands.

Go for it and enjoy !

I’m a little biased though !!!!

Hi Geeeman,

Thanks for your detailed reply and positive comments. We wanted somewhere quiet where we could relax and potter in the garden, go for bike rides and walks etc. My wife has looked at thousands of villas online over the past 2 years. Our first physical trip was two months ago in March and we looked at a number of houses but nothing jumped out for us. This one is very well looked after and was updated 18 months ago with new kitchen, bathrooms, tiling etc and has a 500sqm plot with off street parking and a solid built car port. The patio tiles around the pool were also updated and the mature planting is lovely. We have nothing to do except unpack! Lol.

I work in IT and fiber broadband is available on the street so we are sorted there as well. This seemed to tick most of our boxes and we wanted to hopefully get some positive reinforcement from people on the ground so to speak on what the area is like. We went with SGM Abogados based on recommendations on this website. This forum a great resource for people looking for information on moving to Spain and finding their feet from other savvy expats.

Many thanks.

John & Angie.
Expat in Quesada

Which part of Spain are you from?: Soon to be Quesada

Postby Gillian Barfoot » Tue May 24, 2022 10:03 am

we have had a holiday home in Quesada for nearly 20 years and absolutely love it. Our sons who have married and had children of their own also love it here and find plenty to do. people are kind and there are plenty of places to eat. we wish you every happiness for your future. good luck
Gillian Barfoot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa,Quesada

Postby Expat in Quesada » Tue May 24, 2022 10:24 am

garyizme wrote:We have a holiday home in that area in Calle Rio Genil. Its a great area. We rented here long term before buying to check the area first. Nice and quiet. 15 minutes walk in either direction will get you to Quesada, Benijofar or Rojales so plenty of eating choices. 5 minutes to Mercadonna by foot or car. The aquapark is only open for a few of the busy months and you do hear the music but its normally finished by 7pm ish few people live full time and there is a mixture of nationalities but English is the one they all speak. We are over just now so if you want me to take a look at a particular time let me know.

Hi Garryizme,

Thanks for your post. The villa we have bought is two streets away on Calle Rio Narcea. Thanks for the positive comments. We are looking forward to a more relaxed lifestyle and getting fitter and doing more outdoor stuff. We live in Ireland and like in the UK, its hard to plan anything that is dependent on the weather! I think with most very low level background sounds that go on for an extended period, they tend to fade into the background unless they are very loud. Perhaps I can outcompete the noise with my splashing about in the pool. Lol.

We hope to learn a bit of Spanish but it’s good to know that we will be able to get by with English until we understand a bit of what is being said. Thank you for your generous offer to have a look at different times. We have done some reconnoitre trips at different times of the day so we should be good on that score.

Many thanks for responding.

Cheers.

John & Angie.
Last edited by Expat in Quesada on Wed May 25, 2022 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Expat in Quesada

Postby Expat in Quesada » Tue May 24, 2022 10:26 am

Gillian Barfoot wrote:we have had a holiday home in Quesada for nearly 20 years and absolutely love it. Our sons who have married and had children of their own also love it here and find plenty to do. people are kind and there are plenty of places to eat. we wish you every happiness for your future. good luck

Cheers Gillian and thanks for your positive comments.

Regards.

John & Angie.
Expat in Quesada

Postby Expat in Quesada » Tue May 24, 2022 10:28 am

geeeman wrote:Don’t let the aqua park noise put you off. It isn’t bad and is sometimes a nice noise to break up the silence ! Remember, it’s only for the peak summer period as it’s closed for the rest of the year.

Cheers Geeeman.
Expat in Quesada

Postby Expat in Quesada » Tue May 24, 2022 10:31 am

Chrisdee wrote:The noise of little kids having fun during the day won't bother you, unless you're a Victor Meldrew! We live opposite a small park and I love that kind of noise, they are just enjoying life, as you will. Enjoy x

Hi Chrisdee,

Thanks for your reassurance. I had a giggle when you mentioned Victor Meldrew.

Best wishes.

John & Angie.
Expat in Quesada

Postby Toonlass » Tue May 24, 2022 12:35 pm

Congratulations! Hope you will be very happy.
Know a few people on Atalaya Park who are very happy unlike my brother who has the neighbour from Hell so he has sold up and bought in Quesada. Fortunately they are nowhere near you!
Some noise you can be accepted, especially as it is noise of enjoyment.
Hope all goes smoothly for you
Toonlass

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: What is this area like?roperty

Postby Fulham6 » Tue May 24, 2022 2:34 pm

In my opinion you have bought in the best area of Quesada. My wife and I bought our property in Calle Guadalquivir nearly
three years ago and love it as do our family when visiting. It is quiet and peaceful and the people who live here are really nice and friendly. As said earlier you have a great choice of bars and restaurants within walking distance and you rarely see cars in the streets. I have for forgotten what a traffic jam is! Without doubt you will love it here.
Fulham6

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Expat in Quesada » Wed May 25, 2022 2:52 pm

Toonlass wrote:Congratulations! Hope you will be very happy.
Know a few people on Atalaya Park who are very happy unlike my brother who has the neighbour from Hell so he has sold up and bought in Quesada. Fortunately they are nowhere near you!
Some noise you can be accepted, especially as it is noise of enjoyment.
Hope all goes smoothly for you

Hi Toonlass,

Thanks for your post and good wishes. We are looking forward to getting going but not looking forward to all the

Cheers.

John & Angie.
Expat in Quesada

PreviousNext