Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

National Police Inundated - TIE, NIE etc

National Police Inundated - TIE, NIE etc

Postby marcliff » Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:01 am

The National Police stations in the Alicante Province have apologised for the length of time it is taking to get an appointment for TIE, DNI, NIE issues etc.

Many foreign visitors wishing to obtain an NIE in order to purchase property in the Alicante area are being advised to apply in Murcia or Almeria to obtain one.

The reason is the delays and extensions to the paperwork issued during the pandemic. They say there are now so many whose DNI (national ID card) who require renewal is putting their services under great stress. As they also issue the NIE and TIE this is having a knock on effect with obtaining an appointment. The waiting time for an appointment at Elche and Torrevieja has been reported as being up to 2 months from application.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Re: National Police Inundated - TIE, NIE etc

Postby John1234 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:39 am

Strange we got an appointment for TIE in 3 days recently and it was empty
John1234

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Toonlass » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:22 pm

John 1234. Same for me. I applied for TIE appointments for myself and my friend and could have gone the next day! Other options were for the following 2 days. Just waiting for LOTE number to be announced so we can go and collect. We logged in on arrival and were called in within 5 minutes! Very efficient!
Toonlass

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby marcliff » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:31 pm

They have been working Saturday and Sunday to clear the amount of applications. Alicante has a dedicated office for TIE so that probably accounts for it.
The backlogs are at Elche and Torrevieja for NIE and DNI mainly.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2