Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Pool Maintenance

Pool Maintenance

Postby schuman » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:32 pm

We’ve not been happy with the state of our pool recently. Last summer it was blue but seemed a bit cloudy. And now it’s going green despite being maintained every week…..and twice a week June to September. It was also green in December when the pool man did a shock treatment.

What could be causing this? Is it that the pool man is not doing his job properly, or could there be other factors? If we need to change the pool man does anyone have any recommendations for someone who covers El Chaparral area of Torrevieja and what sort of monthly charge should I expect to pay for weekly visits October -May and twice weekly visits June - September.

Thanks for any information
schuman

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Siesta Torrevieja

Re: Pool Maintenance

Postby Ritchtee » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:35 am

I work for a pool company

I have increased my running times on my pools to atleast 3/4 hours based on how unseasonably warm it's been.

Also, if your sand filter isn't being backwashed frequency this will cause pool filtration of your water.

Private message me if you need more help
Ritchtee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Trevor52 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:39 am

I have my own pool maintenance company around Quesada and El Raso. Your problems can be any number of things, it could be as simple as the water heating up now to the temperature that algea likes to grow or your chemical balance is off, maybe your sand requires changing.

Although you are outside my normal operating area, I will be happy to come and have a look for you. Please pm me your contact details if you are interested.
Trevor52

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada 2

Postby schuman » Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:07 pm

Thanks for the replies. The pump is running for quite a few hours per day already. And probably two years ago we replaced the sand in the filter with glass. There are no tablets in the skimmer baskets just one at the bottom of the pool near the drain.
schuman

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Siesta Torrevieja

Postby Trevor52 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:06 pm

Tablets should not be placed in the skimmer baskets or on the base of the pool and should always be placed in a floating chlorinator which then dispenses the chlorine more evenly around the pool. Placing in the baskets puts too large an amount into the pipes which can eat into the plastic causing leaks also it puts too much chlorine into the pump reducing the life of the pump.
I would suggest that you have your PH and alkalinity levels checked to see what those levels are as these can also cause the pool to turn green if they are not correct.
Trevor52

Postby Shiva » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:49 pm

Trevor52 I am interested c. What you charge re regular pool maintenance I.e twice per week all year round including chemicals etc. Appreciate pool size may be a factor but interested in ball park figure...
Shiva

Postby Trevor52 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:42 am

Hi Shiva. PM sent.
Trevor52