Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Trouble setting up a lost password

Trouble setting up a lost password

Postby oldman59 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:01 pm

Hi I have lost my password and I was sent a new one which logged me in, now it doesn't recognise the temporary password so I'm going in circles and can't get another option that doesn't require a password! Also why can your new password be visible when setting it up? I frequently hit the wrong button but when you can't see your mistake it's very difficult to correct it. TIA
oldman59

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Re: Trouble setting up a lost password

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:18 pm

Is there not a little eye symbol that you can click on to see what it is you're typing, sometimes there is
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby oldman59 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:31 pm

No I am aware of the eye symbol! How can I contact the Admin please. Also I have followed Marcliffs suggestions about a help button on the left which is not. I'm ready to unsubscribe as I had a problem a few years ago and followed all the tips but for what ever reason it's not as straight forward as the helpful tips suggest. Also I only use a phone for internet, have given up on laptops and tablets. Thanks for your assistance
oldman59

Postby marcliff » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:29 pm

I believe that once you've been sent a new password, you can only use it once to log on and have to change it before you log on again. That's what happens with most sites when you ask for a password reset.

Problem with phones is that you don't get all the options displayed, especially one as big at the User Control Panel which you can hardly see anyway, Half a dozen tabs to choose from and half a dozen options on each tab is pretty impossible to see on a phone.

To contact Alex you need to PM him by going to one of his posts and clicking the PM icon (if you can see it on a phone). He will then send you a new password but you need to change it once you've logged on.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby oldman59 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:00 pm

Thank you very much.
oldman59

Postby Darro » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:27 pm

If you want to check what you're typing as a password type it in the user name or email address box then copy/paste it in the PW box.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby oldman59 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:35 pm

Thank you.
oldman59