Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

ITV X help/advise needed

Re: ITV X help/advise needed

Postby satandpcguy » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:17 pm

Darro wrote:Playing ITV X at this very instant, no problems at all - as usual.

On what device?
Like i said before, it can vary so much depending which device you are using...some work with some VPNs / SDNSs, some dont. Its OK saying it "works for me" but without knowing what device you are using its a unhelpful answer.
satandpcguy

Postby suzi wong » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:28 pm

We have occasional problems with itvx &bbc iplayer with nord vpn,as David stokes says try a different UK server,usually solves problem,if not keep trying differnt ones til you have success.
suzi wong

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar 11

Postby Darro » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:22 pm

satandpcguy wrote:

On what device?
Like i said before, it can vary so much depending which device you are using...some work with some VPNs / SDNSs, some dont. Its OK saying it "works for me" but without knowing what device you are using its a unhelpful answer.

Android tablet but not sure how it's unhelpful to know that the actual ITV X service is fully functional at any particular moment in time, if it's not for others at the same time it points pretty conclusively to problems, with VPNs.

It worked flawlessly for the hour or so I was watching something and is working flawlessly now as I write.

Oh, and just for completeness (wouldn't want to be called 'unhelpful' again) I'm casting from tablet to smart TV.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby kevinchetwynd » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:45 pm

satandpcguy wrote:

On what device?

We are using firestick not casting from anything
Have changed the location on system
Will see how it goes just watched a program with no interruptions
kevinchetwynd

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby satandpcguy » Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:44 pm

Darro wrote:
satandpcguy wrote:

On what device?

Android tablet but not sure how it's unhelpful to know that the actual ITV X service is fully functional at any particular moment in time, if it's not for others at the same time it points pretty conclusively to problems, with VPNs.

It worked flawlessly for the hour or so I was watching something and is working flawlessly now as I write.

Oh, and just for completeness (wouldn't want to be called 'unhelpful' again) I'm casting from tablet to smart TV.

Well even saying an Android tablet is still helpful, but not totally helpful , as ITVX is working fine for me on one Samsung Android tablet, and only occasionally on another slightly older Samsung Android tablet...as i have said a few times before, it can all depend what device and app you are using, as it can be very picky...so although it may be working fine for you on your device (as you say it is), it may not work for others using it on other devices (like on a 4k Freesat box I have, but fine on my SkyQ box connected to the same router), as different devices use different versions of the app...hence why it is useful to say what you are using it flawlessly on. Otherwise just saying "it works for me" without mentioning what you are using it on is pretty pointless.
satandpcguy

Postby Darro » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:11 am

Can't really see it as pointless if it helps to discriminate between the problem being with the service itself or individual devices trying to use it?

For the record I don't have my router configured for Smartdnsproxy but instead set it up on each device individually, I have tried setting the the router but did have some issues, and not just with ITVX.

My devices include an ancient Google Nexus 7 rooted and running Lineage 14.1, a more recent Lenovo TAB 4 8, and a Samsung S8 smartphone, those of course are using the ITVX app albeit downloaded from a 3rd party site as even with SmartDNSproxy the app does not appear in the Play Store. I'm using ver. 5413dc-9b.

Furthermore I can use ITVX from the website on my W10 Acer laptop and can also configure my actual TV for SmartDNDproxy and use the Web site from there.

Nominally I use the Lenovo and cast to the TV however over the course of the next couple of days I'll use the other devices and report back on the results.

I strongly suspect that all will work perfectly further pointing to VPN issues as the problem and not ITVX itself.
Darro

Postby satandpcguy » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:57 am

Darro wrote:I strongly suspect that all will work perfectly further pointing to VPN issues as the problem and not ITVX itself.

But even people in the UK not using VPNs have all sorts of problems with ITVX on various devices...which can probably point to issues with the ITVX app for their device, and not just VPN / SDNS issues for those outside the UK.
satandpcguy

Postby Paul - TV Techie » Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:48 pm

We get a lot of emails about ITVX - many think it's a new channel - but essentially it's a lot of older ITV content as the new stuff which is currently on ITV/2/3/4 - nothing new or unique. Just packaged up for streaming, rather than live.

For those with a reasonable IPTV service - often you will have catchup on the ITV's as well as 'video on demand' - so may well already have all of that content available. You can search the series or content you wish to view in your VOD/Videoclub/Ondemand section.

Paul
http://www.televisiontechnology.eu
Paul - TV Techie

Which part of Spain are you from?: almoradi, alicante

Postby Darro » Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:24 am

So, as mentioned earlier I've been playing with ITV X on my various devices which now include a 4k Fire stick.

At times I've had two or 3 of them going at the same time any I can honestly say that I have not experienced a single glitch on any of them.

I did find one oddity with the Firestick which only occurred when I moved it from the bedroom TV which I'd used to set it up to my main TV in the lounge. ITV X Loaded as normal but when I tried to play live TV it threw up a "Something went wrong" message, the first time I'd seen it BTW.

Thinking it could possibly be a timing issue I went back into preferences and confirmed the region and time zone (British summertime) after which it launched and worked perfectly, and has done since.

I hear what you're saying about people in UK having issues but what we don't know of course is if any of them are using VPNs for say Kodi or other moody IPTV services.

Clearly it's difficult to arrive at a definitive conclusion but based on my experience over these past days I'm still convinced that it's largely a VPN issue. Since VPNs are apps which need installing on individual devices it stands to reason that they can have issues with different ones.

Smartdnsproxy is not a VPN and works differently. There is nothing to install just a couple of simple - and completely reversible - changes to be made to your WiFi connection so for anyone having problems if you want to try it out you can sign up for a totally free 14 day trial, no credit card required.

Let us know how you get on!
Darro

Postby Darro » Tue May 02, 2023 6:44 am

For anyone interested, 3 weeks on and watching ITV X on my various devices at various times I have not experienced a single 'blip' or error of any sort.
Darro

Previous