Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Private CCTV Camera pointing over swimming pool on an Urb

Private CCTV Camera pointing over swimming pool on an Urb

Postby Bill » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:14 pm

Hi All

Am I correct that if you live on an Urb and fit a cctv camera it can only cover your property and not over the swimming pool as there are children around.

Thanks Bill.
Bill

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona pepa

Re: Private CCTV Camera pointing over swimming pool on an Ur

Postby marcliff » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:32 pm

As far as I'm aware, on an urbanisation only the designated committee may install video cameras with the permission of the owners. They may only video communal areas but must be recorded on a stand alone recorder, not on cloud or internet, and may only be accessed by those who have been given permission to do so by the community of owners.

This includes fake cameras which cannot be used as they purportedly break the right of privacy if people think they are being filmed.

There are also special rules on being registered with the Data protection agency and other rules on filming at community swimming pools.

Best people to check with would be Citizens Advice Bureau Spain which has large sections on what is and what is not allowed.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Bill » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:42 pm

Thankyou
Bill

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona pepa

Postby Paul58 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:35 am

Bill wrote:Hi All

Am I correct that if you live on an Urb and fit a cctv camera it can only cover your property and not over the swimming pool as there are children around.

Thanks Bill.

there's a guide here....https://www.aepd.es/es/areas-de-actuacion/videovigilancia (you may need to set your browser to translate)

Even if the camera is only covering your property it's not that simple. You need to display signs warning people before they enter the area covered by the camera, even on private property. The sign must have your conact details for dat protection purposes.
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales