Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Brexit

Re: Brexit

Postby nnejy » Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:25 pm

Brexit did deliver on all its promises to the billionaires.

Every one of them with offshore accounts benefited massively, as Ginger pointed out. They didn't want the EU meddling in their affairs so they pulled out every stop to make sure the British populace did their bidding.

They own the Daily Mail, The Daily Express, The Daily Telegraph, and many other newspapers. If you don't believe me start looking at who owns what in the British media.
Brexit failed for the majority, and certainly for all those that were told immigration would be "sorted out". It never was, and it never will be.

Brexit benefits down the line? Given what is now happening in Ireland?

Oh please....
nnejy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby BNT162b2 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:27 pm

marcliff wrote:
BNT162b2 wrote:
Then ask Alex whether he'd be willing to set one up.

Set what up? A special thread for Brexit?
You mean like this one? Brexit

Ah...yeah!

Well - maybe there could be moderators who move the B-word posts to the relevant section.
BNT162b2

Postby nnejy » Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:34 pm

Whelts. Where do you get your information please?

I read the Financial Times every day and I have never come across this data you are suggesting. Please, can you point me to all your sources?
nnejy

Postby BNT162b2 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:37 pm

Whelts wrote:Yes, can do.

1. From a trade deal perspective, the UK previously had access to around 43 active trade deals as part of EU membership - something it paid billions a year for. The UK replicated all but 3 of these (Bosnia, Montenegro, Algeria) and no longer has to pay the EU to access them
2. Since leaving the EU, the UK has improved the rolled over deals with Japan, Singapore and Ukraine - and is in the process of improvement with Canada, Mexico and Israel. As well as striking completely new deals with Australia and New Zealand - not possible within the EU.
3. The gains for the UK fishing sector already exceed over £50m a year, even when taking into account additional costs for paperwork - and improves further as each year passes and quotas are recovered. As a whole the fishing sector is better off than it was inside the EU.
4. As an EU member state, 75% of *all* customs revenue (was 80% when UK was a member) goes to the budget of the EU. Now outside of the EU, the UK HMRC gets 100% of that revenue to spend on public services, currently around £3bn extra a year.
5. Care about improved animal welfare? Since leaving the EU, the UK have implemented policies for the better treatment of livestock, and proposed bans on the sale of furs, shark fins and traditionally made foie gras. All not possible from within the EU.

Hope this helps.

I reckon you're almost certain to find someone else on here who could counter every single one of those, or can find totally different figures.

It's a mystery subject where even if there's definitive proof of something from an official source, the source isn't correct. Or official. Ever.

Best just to give it up.
BNT162b2

Postby nnejy » Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:48 pm

I agree with you BNT162 but I trust the Financial Times as being the best source of economic information on the planet. I would really like to know whelts sources because all I could find so far was information put out for propoganda purposes by the Government.

I have loads ad loads of articles in the FT that show it was (and is) a complete disaster. Given the markets rely on the FT to make their financial decisions, I know who I would trust.
nnejy

Postby Tom mc » Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:35 pm

Why british folk who live in spain give a hoot about brexit ???.I have lived in spain for 18 year and my circumstances are still the same.
Tom mc

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Previous