Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Brexit

Brexit

Postby Spud » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:03 pm

So, after speaking to many people who simply cannot retire to spain because its simply unaffordable all thanks to brexit, I'd like to ask can anyone give me,say 5 benefits of brexit ???
Spud

Re: Brexit

Postby Paul M » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:11 pm

Spud wrote:So, after speaking to many people who simply cannot retire to spain because its simply unaffordable all thanks to brexit, I'd like to ask can anyone give me,say 5 benefits of brexit ???

I’d be happy hear just ONE
Paul M

Which part of Spain are you from?: Pueblo Bravo

Postby Spud » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:28 pm

Yep I'd settle for one too ! Dont think there is though
Spud

Postby Sage » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:54 pm

Just to balance this thread..... I live in the UK. I can't think of a single disadvantage that has affected me as a result of Brexit. I voted to stay in the EU in 2016 but if I were to vote again, I'd vote to leave. Everyone has a different view but the Brexit ship has already sailed.
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby marcliff » Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:58 pm

And wouldn't it be nice if the special thread on Brexit were to be used instead of Quesada General Discussion. Then those who have had, quite frankly, enough of the slagging matches these generally turn into, could ignore it.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Big Wheeler » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:06 pm

I rather suspect that neither the government nor those who voted for brexit bore in mind the effect on the personal circumstances on the private lives of Spud,Paul M or even myself.
I suspect the vote was for national and international benefits to come in the future.Time will tell.
Big Wheeler

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby Mickey Braw » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:08 pm

:text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost: :text-goodpost:
Yes, Marcliff, I agree, enough is enough.
Mickey Braw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Ginger » Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:03 pm

Spud wrote:Yep I'd settle for one too ! Dont think there is though
thereus one benefit for a few but not for the majority. The rich would have had to declare where or rather which, tax haven there wealth is stored, if they are an EU resident and their incomes stored outside the EU the European Bank and Chstoms would by now be investigating.
Ginger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cartagena, murcia

Postby Nolito » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:21 pm

Sage wrote:Just to balance this thread..... I live in the UK. I can't think of a single disadvantage that has affected me as a result of Brexit. I voted to stay in the EU in 2016 but if I were to vote again, I'd vote to leave. Everyone has a different view but the Brexit ship has already sailed.

You've stated that you cant think of a single disadvantage ! so please tell us how much better your life is thats given you some sort of advantage ! The question 'is what benefit have you found thats changed your life for the better' and what is that benefit that would make you vote 'leave' if there was a new vote ! I think many people here want to know what particular advantage you've discovered thats really made your life better !
Nolito

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby Mr, Angry » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:31 pm

Don’t get me started.
Mr, Angry

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Next