Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Hotel warning

Re: Hotel warning

Postby SWT » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:09 am

Who leaves a bag unattended anywhere :text-givemebeer:
SWT

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Sylwina » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:07 am

briancairey wrote:Last Sunday my wife and I visited the hotel Laguna for coffee. We sat in a sofa opposite the bar and I placed my "man bag" next to me on the sofa. I went to the bar and returned on my return my man bag had been stolen by someone sitting near us. You do not expect this to happen in a quality hotel. Please be vigilant at all times. The hotel security camera recorded the act unfortunately it was not checked until after I visited the hotel later the next day when they contacted the police. I have posted this as I know many local people use the hotel and they must be more aware.

Thank you so much posting. We often have coffee there sitting on the sofa. Like you, I might have been less on my guard there. I did not read your post as hotel blaming but rather as a warning to be vigilant.
Sylwina

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Sage » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:09 am

I don't carry a bag but my wife usually does. She would never leave her bag unattended, she either takes it with her or asks me to keep an eye on it wherever she is.
Sage

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Ruth » Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:34 pm

Thank you for the post. A reminder to keep alert at all times. It’s so easy when we’re relaxing to be off guard. ( which is what we should be doing in hotels) Hope it hasn’t caused you too much stress. Thanks again.
Ruth

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby russ2u » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:55 pm

Thanks for the warning. We have coffee there often, its good to be aware.

Jordy wrote:Bet you wish you hadn't posted your warning now.
The holier-than-thou brigade are having a field day!

russ2u

Postby Mickey Braw » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:58 pm

SWT wrote:Who leaves a bag unattended anywhere :text-givemebeer:

Mickey Braw

Postby The Eagle » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:03 pm

SWT wrote:Who leaves a bag unattended anywhere :text-givemebeer:

Exactly.

So the wife never kept an eye on it and saw nothing.
The Eagle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Murt » Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:46 pm

briancairey wrote:
You do not expect this to happen in a quality hotel.

Well if I was in the "business" it's exactly where I'd try and carry out my "trade".

No point in trying to steal or scam from people who haven't a pot to pis in. They're not likely to be carrying anything valuable.

And as a customer, it's the sort of place where like you, I'd be more relaxed and my guard wouldn't be as high as it would in a more downmarket, less opulent place. The thief's know this too.

Thanks for the warning.
Murt

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada MarquesaGolf

Postby Red Rock » Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:42 am

I get where the OP is coming from and also am amazed his wife didn't see it happen.
However the point about high end establishment resonates with me.
If you walk by the many bars around town (or golf area) they are packed with people really enjoying themselves ripe for the professional.
What many of you have missed is that "what was a thief doing in there in the first place".
I think this was an opportunist not a professional and would like to know the immediate after events i.e. when the OP walked back and noticed his bag missing were any people also missing and did his wife notice anything at all.
Sorry for your loss.
Red Rock

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby BNT162b2 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:57 pm

Red Rock wrote:I get where the OP is coming from and also am amazed his wife didn't see it happen.
However the point about high end establishment resonates with me.
If you walk by the many bars around town (or golf area) they are packed with people really enjoying themselves ripe for the professional.
What many of you have missed is that "what was a thief doing in there in the first place".
I think this was an opportunist not a professional and would like to know the immediate after events i.e. when the OP walked back and noticed his bag missing were any people also missing and did his wife notice anything at all.
Sorry for your loss.

So you've never heard the theory on "if you have a burglar alarm, the thieves know there's likely to be something worth taking"?

"Professional" thieves definitely target "high end" places, and chances are they've done a recce on where the cameras are, too.
BNT162b2

Previous