Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Hotel warning

Hotel warning

Postby briancairey » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:50 pm

Last Sunday my wife and I visited the hotel Laguna for coffee. We sat in a sofa opposite the bar and I placed my "man bag" next to me on the sofa. I went to the bar and returned on my return my man bag had been stolen by someone sitting near us. You do not expect this to happen in a quality hotel. Please be vigilant at all times. The hotel security camera recorded the act unfortunately it was not checked until after I visited the hotel later the next day when they contacted the police. I have posted this as I know many local people use the hotel and they must be more aware.
briancairey

Which part of Spain are you from?: el raso

Re: Hotel warning

Postby Darro » Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:38 pm

Sorry for your loss but fail to see how what you describe can be the fault of the hotel?

You've said it yourself "be vigilant at all times" to which I would add 'in all places'.
Darro

Which part of Spain are you from?: Catral

Postby briancairey » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:13 pm

If you read my post correctly at no time did I say it was the fault of the hotel. My point was they were very slow to react in reviewing the camera recording.
briancairey

Which part of Spain are you from?: el raso

Postby Chrisdee » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:20 pm

You said:. You do not expect this to happen in a quality hotel. I'd expect it anywhere. Hope you didnt have all your documents in there and much of any value. It's a pain replacing everything.

briancairey wrote:If you read my post correctly at no time did I say it was the fault of the hotel. My point was they were very slow to react in reviewing the camera recording.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Mickey Braw » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:26 pm

Opportunist thieves rely on us providing the opportunity.
Mickey Braw

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby BNT162b2 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:41 pm

Chrisdee wrote:You said:. You do not expect this to happen in a quality hotel. I'd expect it anywhere. Hope you didnt have all your documents in there and much of any value. It's a pain replacing everything.

briancairey wrote:If you read my post correctly at no time did I say it was the fault of the hotel. My point was they were very slow to react in reviewing the camera recording.

...and also entitled the thread "Hotel warning"...which seems to be warning people about the hotel...

Surely thieves are better off targeting places where people might have something worth having...so a "quality hotel" seems like an ideal place.
BNT162b2

Postby Jordy » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:07 pm

Bet you wish you hadn't posted your warning now.
The holier-than-thou brigade are having a field day!
Jordy

Postby Bee » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:55 pm

It would have been good if the hotel had looked at the camera there and then but being Sunday they mightn't have had anyone on duty who was able to download the footage.

Bee
Bee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Angela17 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:15 am

briancairey wrote:Last Sunday my wife and I visited the hotel Laguna for coffee. We sat in a sofa opposite the bar and I placed my "man bag" next to me on the sofa. I went to the bar and returned on my return my man bag had been stolen by someone sitting near us. You do not expect this to happen in a quality hotel. Please be vigilant at all times. The hotel security camera recorded the act unfortunately it was not checked until after I visited the hotel later the next day when they contacted the police. I have posted this as I know many local people use the hotel and they must be more aware.

Thank you for posting this. It serves as a reminder for us all to be extra careful, no matter where we are. I am sorry this has happened to you.
Angela17

Postby millies123 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:04 am

:text-goodpost:
Jordy wrote:Bet you wish you hadn't posted your warning now.
The holier-than-thou brigade are having a field day!
millies123

Which part of Spain are you from?: la Zenia

Next