Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Hit and Run car damage Sunday evening

Re: Hit and Run car damage Sunday evening

Postby Brewingdog » Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:01 pm

Drink driving is pretty common here. Certainly surprised me when I first arrived how many would walk out of a bar and get behind the steering wheel and drive off. Really sorry to hear about your car getting destroyed and hope he is caught soon. There's no excuse for driving whilst drunk.
Brewingdog

Which part of Spain are you from?: Salford

Postby nnejy » Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:37 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies. You raised some interesting points and I am going back to the Police to show them what I have.

We do have a dashcam but leaving it on all night really does drain the battery. Maybe we need to get a more recent model so I will look into that. I think it's a necessity these days. Certainly now we are going to see if we can get something that can run from the house? I know there are legal issues so we will look into that too.

Thank you so much for responding, it has given me a lot of food for thought.
nnejy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby shemarg » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:09 pm

I always thought dash cams only worked when the ignition was turned on?
shemarg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Golf. Quesada

Postby BNT162b2 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:50 pm

Brewingdog wrote:Drink driving is pretty common here. Certainly surprised me when I first arrived how many would walk out of a bar and get behind the steering wheel and drive off. Really sorry to hear about your car getting destroyed and hope he is caught soon. There's no excuse for driving whilst drunk.

As someone who lost a friend recently after being hit by one of the "I only had a couple of wines at lunchtime" brigade, I fully agree.

Selfish idiots.
BNT162b2

Postby Brewingdog » Sat May 06, 2023 7:01 pm

nnejy wrote:Thanks everyone for your replies. You raised some interesting points and I am going back to the Police to show them what I have.

We do have a dashcam but leaving it on all night really does drain the battery. Maybe we need to get a more recent model so I will look into that. I think it's a necessity these days. Certainly now we are going to see if we can get something that can run from the house? I know there are legal issues so we will look into that too.

Thank you so much for responding, it has given me a lot of food for thought.

Did you ever find out you crashed into your car.
Brewingdog

Which part of Spain are you from?: Salford

Postby nnejy » Sat May 06, 2023 7:24 pm

No we didn't Paul. I guess we knew it was a long shot that it might have been captured on Police Video but it wasn't.

There was another post, I don't know if you saw it. Some poor couple had their front wall smashed in. Not likely to be the same driver, but it does make you think that incidents like this are on the rise?

A lesson learned for us. We are having a video surveillance system fitted soon.
nnejy

Postby Teoffy » Sat May 06, 2023 8:20 pm

We are really sad because it’s our neighbors. Really looks bad it’s near the roundabout on your way to the golf Marquesa and to the right on your way to the big shopping. Gutted.
Teoffy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Aeropuerto

Postby OGM » Sat May 06, 2023 8:33 pm

nnejy wrote:No we didn't Paul. I guess we knew it was a long shot that it might have been captured on Police Video but it wasn't.

There was another post, I don't know if you saw it. Some poor couple had their front wall smashed in. Not likely to be the same driver, but it does make you think that incidents like this are on the rise?

A lesson learned for us. We are having a video surveillance system fitted soon.

I can recommend these cameras https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0B ... UTF8&psc=1

I've got 3 placed around my Villa. Easy to fit, easy to set up and the video quality is first class without breaking the bank.

Gives me peace of mind as I just have a holiday home and I'm not there all the time.
OGM

Postby telmel » Sun May 07, 2023 1:03 am

shemarg wrote:I always thought dash cams only worked when the ignition was turned on?

No you can hard wire them into the wiring system so they work all the time, but they will drain the battery more than ignition operated as they are always powered , i am not sure if you can get them motion activated so only powered when movement sensed, but if you are parked on a main road they might activate continually
telmel

Which part of Spain are you from?: orihuela costa

Previous

Return to Quesada general discussion