Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Hit and Run car damage Sunday evening

Hit and Run car damage Sunday evening

Postby nnejy » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:26 am

Hello. Our car was parked outside our house on Calle Lo Olivos on Sunday evening (around 11 or 11.30pm) and a car hit it, created a lot of damage and then drove away without alerting the police.

Someone kindly mentioned I should post this information on the forum just in case anyone either saw or heard anything?

The car that drove into us was something quite large, possibly a 4 x 4 type vehicle, and it would now be damaged on the passenger front light area. We have collected up his or her light that was damaged in the process. The car stopped and the driver got out to assess the damage to our car, saw it was bad and then just decided to drive off very quickly.

We suspect the car was coming from the Harry's Bar/ Canales area.

We have reported the incident to the police and they are in the process of checking their police cameras around the quesada area.

If anyone has any information would you contact us please? We would be very, very grateful.

Thank you
nnejy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Hit and Run car damage Sunday evening

Postby Mac3blade » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:18 pm

Just a thought. Could the driver have been drinking at Harry’s Bar? Why not go up later on and look to see if there’s a damaged car that fits your description. There are people who still drink and drive and it’s so wrong. It’s well worth a look.
Hope you find the culprit, I’d be very annoyed if someone hit my car.
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Postby Mandy&DeanCaddy » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:07 pm

One of your neighbours, or Harry's Bar may have them on camera.
Mandy&DeanCaddy

Postby nnejy » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:25 pm

Hello. Yes, my first thought was that it was someone that was drinking, and the driver was coming from the direction of either Harry's Bar or the Bar's near Canales.

The reason I have reported it here is because I am wondering if anyone might have spotted a neighbours car that has recent damage to the passenger front light area? Of course, it doesn't mean it was the car that hit us, but we do have enough glass from the driver's front light that could possibly identify the car.

You are right about it being annoying because the driver did stop. He actually pulled up a metre or so in front and came to inspect the damage he had done. When he saw how bad it was he drove off. This is where I found most of his front headlight cover. It hit is very high, so we suspect it is a 4 x 4 type vehicle?

The accident has completely written off the back wing on the drivers side, the back bumper, and the complete set of tail lights so it is going to be a very expensive repair job.

All we can hope is that the Police will be able to help. They have told us there is a Camera on Calle Azul so that is helpful. An alert has also been put out to inspect footage collected in the Quesada area after the incident occurred.

I feel it is a very mean-spirited and selfish act. The driver could easily have knocked on our door but he didn't. Instead he just drove away because he could see the seriousness of the damage. My worry is that next time it might be even more serious for someone else.

Thank you for your reply.
nnejy

Postby merida » Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:01 am

Sorry to hear about that and hope driver is traced. Have you told Police about having the odd bits from the other car? It is a fairly simple way to identify make and type of car that did the damage, thanks to modern means, especially if you have recovered any paintwork. Good luck. I am sure you will have many forum readers helping you search !
merida

Postby HarvHar2018 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:47 am

The drink drive culture that still exists around Quesada is unbelievable, some people think that they are untouchable, it is that blatant that they park their cars within view of the bars that they are drinking in
Keep your face always towards the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you
HarvHar2018

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby StormBoy » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:05 am

So sorry to hear about your experience. It happened to my car when it was parked during the day in Quesada. Someone had pulled in trying to park in front of me, hit the front of my car, and just left without leaving a note. Luckily I always have a dash cam running in the car and it clearly picked up the culprit. With this information my Insurance Company traced the driver and they confessed they just panicked and left the scene, but did pay for all the damage to be repaired. With the standard of driving here, I think a dash cam is a really good investment to have installed in your car. They are not expensive and the quality of the recordings even at night are excellent. I hope you or the police are able to trace the culprit.
StormBoy

Postby AnnetteD » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:21 am

StormBoy wrote:So sorry to hear about your experience. It happened to my car when it was parked during the day in Quesada. Someone had pulled in trying to park in front of me, hit the front of my car, and just left without leaving a note. Luckily I always have a dash cam running in the car and it clearly picked up the culprit. With this information my Insurance Company traced the driver and they confessed they just panicked and left the scene, but did pay for all the damage to be repaired. With the standard of driving here, I think a dash cam is a really good investment to have installed in your car. They are not expensive and the quality of the recordings even at night are excellent. I hope you or the police are able to trace the culprit.

Which dash cam do you have please?
AnnetteD

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Postby StormBoy » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:46 am

It’s a NextBase 412GW, about 7 years old now but still working well. The whole range of NextBase dash cams are highly rated and this model has probably been updated by now. Had it in my UK car when we originally made the drive over here. On that journey we were stopped on the motorway around Valencia by what turned out to be a false police car, I told them they were being recorded and they left straight away. So it has saved me twice !!
StormBoy

Postby AnnetteD » Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:00 pm

StormBoy wrote:It’s a NextBase 412GW, about 7 years old now but still working well. The whole range of NextBase dash cams are highly rated and this model has probably been updated by now. Had it in my UK car when we originally made the drive over here. On that journey we were stopped on the motorway around Valencia by what turned out to be a false police car, I told them they were being recorded and they left straight away. So it has saved me twice !!

Thanks for this. Yes it’s certainly saved you.
AnnetteD

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta, Quesada

Next

Return to Quesada general discussion